TheAuthority

7 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

My plan for tomorrow:

Get up at 7 am (3 pm in the UK)
Stay the hell away from VT
Volunteer at the local Adopt a Highway at 8 am
About 12:30 pm watch the recording
At 2:30 pm (10:30 pm UK) see if it's safe to come to VT

Best kind of adoption. Don't have to feed, bath or put a highway to bed and no-one complains if you drive over one.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Getting up at 5:30am 
Watch bleary eyed
Hoping children don't wake up until at least half time (No chance)
Will not open the VT match thread unless we aren't creating any opportunities and/or they are all over us as it will obviously be my fault this is happening by not being in the VT match thread.
Win and I will walk around the rest of the day on cloud 9 reading every bit of Villa related stuff I can find
If we lose then I refuse to engage with the online world*

*This will not happen as we are destined for top 4.

Regardless of the outcome, I take solace in that the universe is chaotic and it's nobody's fault.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Getting up at 5:30am 
Watch bleary eyed
Hoping children don't wake up until at least half time (No chance)
Will not open the VT match thread unless we aren't creating any opportunities and/or they are all over us as it will obviously be my fault this is happening by not being in the VT match thread.
Win and I will walk around the rest of the day on cloud 9 reading every bit of Villa related stuff I can find
If we lose then I refuse to engage with the online world*

*This will not happen as we are destined for top 4.

6:30 for me. No children (yet), so it will just be myself, the Mrs, and the dog watching in bed. Not a shabby way to spend the morning.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Feels an absolutely massive game this. Really hope it’s one of those special atmospheres at Villa Park to get us over the line. 

It does! Biggest game for ages. 

I don’t know what to do with myself until the game.  

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Worried that Howe says we are tactically “ interesting “ I fear he’ll know how to play this Emery side. From what he said, it sounds like their gonna put big emphasis on their defence dominating and go from there. 

I'd take emery's tactical fluidity overs howe's every time. 

I've actually got the jitters this morning. First time in ages I'm this nervous/excited about a game, it feels like it's a massive game in terms of how far we've come. Shame we're looking a little light depth-wise, we need whoever is starting to be on their game from the off. I'd fancy Emery to out-think Howe, it's just whether we have the personnel to carry out his plan. In most places I rate our lads man-for-man, but the centre of the park concerns me. Kamara is a huge loss, weve been lucky with the teams we've faced without him being shite recently, but this lot I feel will press that area from the start. Whoever is playing that role has to be on it. That's the key area for me today. Win that midfield battle and we win the game.

On the WM phone in last night Daz the Spaz reckons in an interview, Callum Wilson allegedly replied to the comment that Villa are currently on fire with "tell em the fire brigades coming". 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

This is the real litmus test. I really wish we weren’t missing so many players. 

I think this is going to be another game where we are going to have to defend well and take chances when they arrive. 

Newcastle are a really well organised team that posses players of quality. My heart says we win again, my head thinks Newcastle are that year further down the road that us and will pick up the 3 points. 

• Like 1

Newcastle are the favourites according to the odds.

Would love to see us win this but with the injuries we have I thnik we might just be playing them at the wrong time.

We have a chance though but will certainly need a bit of luck. UTV!

Spoiler

i-would-love-it-if-we-beat-them-kevin-ke

Despite all the fun and games of the faux rivalry, they're a well organised team on a great run this season. Midfield is key as mostly everyone has said. That Guimaraes guy is some player. playing through injury or not he's got the ability to boss this game.

Shame we're missing Cash and Kamara but such an opportunity now until the end of the season.

2-2 today I reckon.