TheAuthority

My plan for tomorrow:

Get up at 7 am (3 pm in the UK)
Stay the hell away from VT
Volunteer at the local Adopt a Highway at 8 am
About 12:30 pm watch the recording
At 2:30 pm (10:30 pm UK) see if it's safe to come to VT

Edited by fruitvilla

happy enough that all these pricks seem so confident. Better that than all the pressure on us. But,  if we're wishing for stuff, 12-0 win and their word removed team getting 4 players sent off, featuring a couple of season ending injuries for their players and seaguls to fly over and shit on Eddie Howe and their monument to wankerdom in the board seats. 

We can but hope. Will not be able to follow on the off chance it doesn't proceed as I wish, I'm going to be disappointed. 

• Haha 1

Worried that Howe says we are tactically “ interesting “ I fear he’ll know how to play this Emery side. From what he said, it sounds like their gonna put big emphasis on their defence dominating and go from there. 

10 hours ago, TheFish said:

Last paragraph is spot on though, Howe and Emery have built sides to compete with the players that they have and direct combinations won't really work. e.g. Burn is great for the way we play because he moves across to become a CB when we attack. Would Moreno work as well in that set up? Probably not, no, but he's definitely a better LB.

Oddly enough, we do a similar thing but the other way around - would Burn be a good left winger? I'm pretty sure not.

I think we'd have more players in the individual team, but yours work better as part of your Newcastle team - mentality and connection with the support and the place is there - Burn as a Geordie brings something, Joelinton's peculiar journey has built a bond, Tripper leads - you're full of strong characters - and I don't think that shows up as much in combined elevens.

Kamara out is a huge blow to us - I'm pretty sure you don't realise quite how good he is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

My plan for tomorrow:

Get up at 7 am (3 pm in the UK)
Stay the hell away from VT
Volunteer at the local Adopt a Highway at 8 am
About 12:30 pm watch the recording
At 2:30 pm (10:30 pm UK) see if it's safe to come to VT

Enjoy your day, it will be fine. (Hopefully)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

happy enough that all these pricks seem so confident. Better that than all the pressure on us. But,  if we're wishing for stuff, 12-0 win and their word removed team getting 4 players sent off, featuring a couple of season ending injuries for their players and seaguls to fly over and shit on Eddie Howe and their monument to wankerdom in the board seats. 

We can but hope. Will not be able to follow on the off chance it doesn't proceed as I wish, I'm going to be disappointed. 

Season ending injuries ? Sorry that’s just bollox !!.

Edited by smg
Sorry meant to say pathetic.
  • Like 1

Emery coming over all aggressive and demanding that we now take advantage is a huge change from what he has said before.  I sense he has done this on purpose to see how our players react to pressure. Some of our players will be playing for their future in the first team tomorrow . Not based on football ability but character .  Can they past the test in big games . 

• Like 1