Pre Match Thread Cup Final 2 of 10

TheAuthority

26 minutes ago, Pelle said:

As always I fear these kind of games. We should win and that will do a lot of good for our hunt for Europe. And we almost never win these games.

That's the spirit

• Haha 1

We finally seem to been getting some media attention, so will probably **** it up.

Unai’s changed a lot, this culture is another on the to do list. Let’s start with another 3 points today. UTV

so, better for us if BHA and the Tots draw?  we could be level on 6th with 5th four points ahead

BHA wins, we're still in 7th but 5th and 6th both within 3 points.

Tot wins, we're in 6th, with 5th (and 4th maybe) 5-6 points ahead.

Tot wins makes us look higher more quicly. but the other possibilities might help us end the season higher.

All assuming we win today of coure.  

This is the first time in too many seasons that I've been happily playing around with possibilities and options for us to end up higher in the table.

• Like 1

Should be a win this. As long as we don't get complacent and shit the bed all of sudden then we should have too much for this Forest side. Momentum going into next week against Newcastle would be nuts if we don't do anything silly today. 

I'd drop Bailey for Traore personally but if the team is the same as what beat Leicester then fair enough. 

For me, this game is telling.

We are expected to win fairly comfortably against a team that is struggling - especially away.

The old Villa would come in full of confidence - and get humbled in a spanking loss....

... but are we still the old Villa? Or are we going to rise to expectations?

I'm confident.

Unlike under SG,every week I am looking at a win or draw,depending on the opposition.Under SG I always looked at the table and worked out if we would be safe after our latest loss.

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

my only worry today, is if we play a high line they have Johnson, Dennis & Gibbs-White as a front 3 (ish), all rapid and we always seem to struggle against pace.

Dennis is out apparently. 

• Like 1