Pre Match Thread Cup Final 2 of 10

TheAuthority

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I know it's a cliche but that Dennis guy always does score past us. Scored home and away for Watford last season and got the Forest goal in the 1-1 in October.

Had some good games v them over the years, that 5-5 in the championship was insane from start to finish. Think Cash scored for them that night.

And we made POB look better than Messi that night too. Probably the most mental game I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

Be surprised if young plays 3 games in a week. Think we might see chambers come in at RB although id like to see konsa move to rb and carlos come in. Tough to break up the CB partnership though.

Also like to see traore in for bailey unless kamara is back and then bring him back and put buendia up with watkins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Be surprised if young plays 3 games in a week. Think we might see chambers come in at RB although id like to see konsa move to rb and carlos come in. Tough to break up the CB partnership though.

Also like to see traore in for bailey unless kamara is back and then bring him back and put buendia up with watkins.

I was thinking about that too. Carlos has got to get some time on the pitch at some point, but it’s crazy to break Konsa and Mings up while we’re in such good form. The answer may well be push Konsa to RB and accommodate Carlos in there, maybe Forest would be a game where there’s an opportunity to do that. The defence (hopefully) won’t be under as much pressure, and as you say it’s not ideal to play Young three times in a week, he had a tough time on Tuesday. 

I’m not entirely happy with Konsa at RB, but with an attacking LB in Moreno, it would be a nice balance with three at the back when he bombs forward. Sure Emery has utilised that approach before. 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m not entirely happy with Konsa at RB, but with an attacking LB in Moreno, it would be a nice balance with three at the back when he bombs forward. Sure Emery has utilised that approach before. 

Not so sure it would give us balance going forward.

We are heavily bias towards attacking down the left as it is, replace the attacking threat of young or cash with Konsa may make us more predictable, and easier to defend.

9 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Confident we pick up the 3 points in style. 5-0 Villa.

Would be nice. Suspect Unai will have one eye on the goal difference, as that may become a factor. A multi-goal game from Watkins is also brewing I reckon.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stevo71 said:

Would be nice. Suspect Unai will have one eye on the goal difference, as that may become a factor. A multi-goal game from Watkins is also brewing I reckon.

Its a game of team full of confidence vs a team lacking in confidence with the worst away form in the PL

I think we will dominate the game. 

• Like 1

Feeling like we would benefit from the likes of Traore and Coutinho in this game. With them likely to be sitting deep it won't suit Ramsey and won't give Bailey any space at all.

But with Coutinho still injured and Bailey generally being better at home than away, maybe we stick with the same front 4 and midfield 2.

We're horrifically short on options with our squad. Emery working wonders so far and got us scoring for fun, but someone is going to work out a way to stop us at some point. A low block that never even threatens to counter attack could well be our undoing.

Negative thoughts out the way, I'm confident we'll sneak an early goal and then hopefully the floodgates open.  4-0 villa.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Not so sure it would give us balance going forward.

We are heavily bias towards attacking down the left as it is, replace the attacking threat of young or cash with Konsa may make us more predictable, and easier to defend.

I know he’s left footed, but could Digne play RB? If not I’m surprised we don’t have KKH on the bench, maybe Unai thinks he’s not ready.

I think we're getting Forest at a good time. No wins in 8. Cooper's job under serious threat. As banana skins go, it's about as small as they come in the Premier League. Nothing guaranteed of course, but if we can play the way we've been playing, and nothing tells me we won't, then this should be a win. Kamara may be back after a little rest. If not, definitely use Traore instead of Bailey. Watkins to continue his streak and hopefully Buendia or McGinn to get in on the goal-scoring act too.  I think this will be a 2 or 3-0 and Cooper loses his job.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Anyone know when Emery's press conference is for this? Surprised its not today. 

My guess is lunchtime tomorrow. @ffscout on twitter will have all the scheduled prezzer times tweeted early on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why Bailey out of interest?

He has an incredibly large home/away split. Plays much better at home. Roughly same amount of minutes below.

Home fixtures this season - npxG+xaG = 6.2

Away fixtures this season - npxG+xaG = 1.6

The man likes Villa Park.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I think we're getting Forest at a good time. No wins in 8. Cooper's job under serious threat. As banana skins go, it's about as small as they come in the Premier League. Nothing guaranteed of course, but if we can play the way we've been playing, and nothing tells me we won't, then this should be a win. Kamara may be back after a little rest. If not, definitely use Traore instead of Bailey. Watkins to continue his streak and hopefully Buendia or McGinn to get in on the goal-scoring act too.  I think this will be a 2 or 3-0 and Cooper loses his job.

He already received the dreaded vote of confidence, he's a dead man walking.