Pre Match Thread Cup Final 2 of 10

TheAuthority

11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Good point, Konsa out wide and Chambers in the middle perhaps?

As much as I love Ashley Young he looked a little tired tonight....needs a rest.

those long diagonal balls seem to be the go to tactic for many teams playing us......even Man U in the Carabao, bombarded us with long balls to Rashford.

It seems to be a popular tactic to play against us.

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd snap your hand off for a 1-0 'boring' win right now if offered. However, I'd love to stick 5/6 past this lot. Not because I dislike Forest, but because it sends a message to the teams around us and continues our momentum. 

I would too.

Its One of the hardest things to stop in opponents is 1-0 wins.....its hard to put your finger on how to stop it, where as a 3/4 goal win is more specific in strategy.

3 hours ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

I know it's only one shot but does Bertie deserve more game time over say Bailey? Or does Unai trust Bailey to deliver his instructions; I thought Ash probably needed more help especially in the first half

I wonder if it's a fitness thing with Traoré. Knowing he'll be less able to run around for even 60 minutes than Bailey,  but then bring him on against tired legs and know his outrageous skill could turn a game around. 

I think he's been back long enough,  and shown enough in his cameos to earn a start though.

Traoré also has shown he's able to put a shift in and get back to defend. More so than Bailey I'd argue. But to be fair I'm not sure it's in their remit anyway. There's two lines of midfield between young and Bailey so he shouldn't really need to help out that much.

The idea of bringing Bailey on against tired legs also isn't exactly a bad thing. Might help him have more confidence in beating his man. 

For me, I'd give Traore a start. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

The Forest board has just put more pressure on Cooper, by giving him a vote of confidence and demanding instant improvement. I'd rather have that than face the bounce following a manager departure. 

Maybe we can get an other manager sacked, first Potter then Cooper. 

4 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Maybe we can get an other manager sacked, first Potter then Cooper. 

And Rodgers. The Leicester board knew he would lose to us so put him out of his misery 😀. I think Marsch and Jones got sacked within a couple of weeks of us beating them as well. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Emery has to get their heads right, going to have to handle some expectations on us winning. Probably a nice problem to have but still we can't drop off on our new standards of work rate, movement, pressing etc. Get all the basics right, work hard and apply what Emery is trying to drum into them and we should be on for 3 points. Can't take anything for granted though, Forest have enough to beat us if we're off the boil.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Emery has to get their heads right, going to have to handle some expectations on us winning. Probably a nice problem to have but still we can't drop off on our new standards of work rate, movement, pressing etc. Get all the basics right, work hard and apply what Emery is trying to drum into them and we should be on for 3 points. Can't take anything for granted though, Forest have enough to beat us if we're off the boil.

Totally. Confidence and belief are great but we should take nothing for granted. They’ll be giving it everything, we’ve finally got something to aim for, it’s going to be a battle. 

Yes we cant take them lightly but they have scored 5 goals and conceded 34 away from home this season. We did a good job on Bournemouth last home game, now we need to do the same against these. 

• Like 1

As always can't take any games for granted in this league, but of all teams to play to keep the run going you'd have picked Forest I think. Their away form has been dreadful all season, and they're at possibly their lowest point of the season now after not picking up a win in what was an alright run of fixtures for them before they now go into an awfully tough run-in. One of my mates is a season ticket holder there and is saying that confidence is pretty rock bottom going into this weekend. Normally Villa are the kind of team to help a club out in that situation but things feel an awful lot different now.

• Like 3

Emi

Young-Konsa-Mings-Moreno

JJ-McGinn-Luiz-Buendia

Bailey-Watkins

2-0 Villa. Pinch an early goal, nervy 60 minutes in between, get one in the last 15 to kill it off.

6 hours ago, Tayls said:

This one’s a little naughty… misses out the draw with West Ham in between Palace and Bournemouth… 

I agree that it should start at the Bournemouth game, yes. That's the start of this current winning run. Three in a row! Villa are back! 😀

9 hours ago, Tayls said:

Tricky game this.

I think that in terms of PL games this is about the least "tricky" game we could possibly play. In amazing form, at home against a poor side in poor form whonare dreadful away.

That doesn't mean that we will win. Just on paper we really should.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They’ll be coming to VP to aim for a 0-0 draw. 11 players behind the ball.  

We’ll need to break their defence with a strong and varied attack, whilst watching out for a potential counter attack.

I know it's a cliche but that Dennis guy always does score past us. Scored home and away for Watford last season and got the Forest goal in the 1-1 in October.

Had some good games v them over the years, that 5-5 in the championship was insane from start to finish. Think Cash scored for them that night.