Pre Match Thread Cup Final 2 of 10

TheAuthority

Just now, VillaChris said:

I mean is there any point in Forest turning up with @TheAuthority starting preview game threads at the business end of the season? Should just take the 3-0 loss now.

This should be a banker win whatever form we're in. Forest have taken about six away points all season and just lost a massive six pointer to Leeds after leading.

Who knows if Steve Cooper will even be in the Trinty dugout. Think the greek guy might pull the trigger after that.

Only danger is Johnson so personally I'd bring Chambers in just to freshen things up as Young was really feeling it tonight.

3-1 win.

Good point, Konsa out wide and Chambers in the middle perhaps?

As much as I love Ashley Young he looked a little tired tonight....needs a rest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Good point, Konsa out wide and Chambers in the middle perhaps?

As much as I love Ashley Young he looked a little tired tonight....needs a rest.

No harm. Johnson is their big danger man so we need to shut him down wherever he is on the pitch and can still mean Moreno can get forward down the other side. Him and Buendia really starting to link up well so that's a big positive for the run in they're getting a solid game understanding.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Cooper likely to be sacked before we play them. Another risk of playing a team with a new manager bounce.

Doubt they would have a new manager in place for Saturday. Think it could work in our favour to be honest - Cooper a good manager and worked wonders for them to be honest. 

Forest are not total mugs and need to be respected. 

If we are 0-0 at halftime, then so be it. I have patience. I just want the 3 points, be they gained ugly or emphatically. Its all about the points.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Forest are not total mugs and need to be respected. 

If we are 0-0 at halftime, then so be it. I have patience. I just want the 3 points, be they gained ugly or emphatically. Its all about the points.

My worry ( as always with Villa - built in mechanism ) Forest have obviously had a scatter gun approach with signing players and it hasn’t quite come together but they’ll rock up here and you just know they’ll click. Respected yes but table doesn’t lie either. They are were they are thus they can be got at. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

My worry ( as always with Villa - built in mechanism ) Forest have obviously had a scatter gun approach with signing players and it hasn’t quite come together but they’ll rock up here and you just know they’ll click. Respected yes but table doesn’t lie either. They are were they are thus they can be got at. 

Yes, agreed. They give it a go but can be a bit näive so I am totally happy with picking them off as and when. 

Leicester wasn't the best performance I am told and although i didn't see it, I wonder if we were dragged down to their level at times ? I just want us to maintain our levels of style as much as possible and play the Emery way. UTV. 

I'd snap your hand off for a 1-0 'boring' win right now if offered. However, I'd love to stick 5/6 past this lot. Not because I dislike Forest, but because it sends a message to the teams around us and continues our momentum. 

Tricky game this. We have momentum but have just battled to two well fought victories so the players must be feeling it a bit. Hope we are up for it, I really want to see a super convincing performance, dominate the ball and get the win. 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I mean is there any point in Forest turning up with @TheAuthority starting preview game threads at the business end of the season? Should just take the 3-0 loss now.

This should be a banker win whatever form we're in. Forest have taken about six away points all season and just lost a massive six pointer to Leeds after leading.

Who knows if Steve Cooper will even be in the Trinty dugout. Think the greek guy might pull the trigger after that.

Only danger is Johnson so personally I'd bring Chambers in just to freshen things up as Young was really feeling it tonight.

3-1 win.

Our form is phenomenal, but there is always a "Leicester at Home" or a "stevenage" result around the corner.

We cannot take anything for granted in this league.

They have still won 6 games, so they are capable of winning, and we must take that in to the game...sure they have won 1 away, but that 1 could be against us to make it 2.

we can have a bad day, or they can have a good one......stay humble.

Its fine to be confident, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, there maybe a few bumps ahead yet.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1