Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wish as a club we'd stop being so placid and accepting of VAR decisions and start absolutely **** roasting the refs after the game, seems to pay off when other clubs do it.

Exactly, during the game, at half-time, straight after the match Purslow should be in the media spouting off like others do. Call in PGMOL to explain themselves etc. Don’t allow them to be corrupt without calling it out every single time.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Could have easily had an assist though. I actually think he's been pretty good when facing their goal, but he's been poor at holding the ball up. 

Yeh, it's not that he hasn't done anything good. Would need more though, it seems to me he's a bit mentally elsewhere, I don't know...

Just now, nepal_villan said:

We are not street smart on these VAR calls.  Should be screaming and yelling at the referees like Arsenal always do.

So do Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and most other teams. Just us playing nice.

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Is being virtually man marked yet has still set up 2 of the best chances on the half.... 

Christ on a bike.

Is he? Haven't noticed, but that may just be me.

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Is being virtually man marked yet has still set up 2 of the best chances on the half.... 

Christ on a bike.

He's had moments and it's by no means a car crash performance, but he is kinda marked out of this game and struggling overall. I would sub him too.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Not handball

X4LbmYb.png

Handball

FrNO8vnXgBYSxv5?format=jpg&name=small

I can distinguish between those photos quite clearly. In the Man City example, the defender's arm is sticking out far out to the side of his body, and that's not a natural position given that he's at the top of a jump. In our match, the defender's arm is not extended, but is across his body, plus (as is obvious in video) he's trying to pull it closer, plus he's in the middle of running, and you can't run without swinging your arms somewhat.

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

We are not street smart on these VAR calls.  Should be screaming and yelling at the referees like Arsenal always do.

That’s where Ashley Young on the pitch comes in handy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

I can distinguish between those photos quite clearly. In the Man City example, the defender's arm is sticking out far out to the side of his body, and that's not a natural position given that he's at the top of a jump. In our match, the defender's arm is not extended, but is across his body, plus (as is obvious in video) he's trying to pull it closer, plus he's in the middle of running, and you can't run without swinging your arms somewhat.

Ah... I get it now.

It was you in the VAR box.

:trollface:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

It’s a shame because it shouldn’t have to come to that sort of thing. Refs should be able to get at least the basic calls right like this with VAR. But I would like to see players and managers get nasty with their commentary after matches. It’s inexcusable what the refs and VAR are getting away with and then thinking a midweek apology is sufficient enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This league need to headhunt some proper officials. Every week stuck with these clowns

My impression is that The Premier League referering is below par when you compare it to the  level thats in international and european cup games.  Maybe it's the tempo of the game?