Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

3 minutes ago, TomC said:

I can distinguish between those photos quite clearly. In the Man City example, the defender's arm is sticking out far out to the side of his body, and that's not a natural position given that he's at the top of a jump. In our match, the defender's arm is not extended, but is across his body, plus (as is obvious in video) he's trying to pull it closer, plus he's in the middle of running, and you can't run without swinging your arms somewhat.

It’s clear that one team is playing in black in both games but there is a clear difference that the opposing team in top game may have some light shade of blue but there is also a significant amount of claret in their kit. However there is no doubt that that in the other game that the referee on the pitch and VAR can clearly see that the beneficiaries are putting money on the table on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dufresne1947 said:

I can see why the pen wasn’t given, I don’t think it was a deliberate action towards the ball.

My main disclaimer is I think loads of pens get given for handball that shouldn’t be (including a few against us)

I possibly disagree with about 50% of handball penalties that I’ve seen in recent seasons.

If it wasn't a deliberate action towards the ball then why were both hands out in front of him?

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

MOTD like slating VAR, be interesting to see what they say. Someone post what they say cos I can't bring myself to watch it

Wouldn't be surprised if they fail to even show it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dufresne1947 said:

I can see why the pen wasn’t given, I don’t think it was a deliberate action towards the ball.

My main disclaimer is I think loads of pens get given for handball that shouldn’t be (including a few against us)

I possibly disagree with about 50% of handball penalties that I’ve seen in recent seasons.

I agree with you. It's the inconsistency that's the problem 

• Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Clearly reaching out to stop the ball. Regardless of intent.

And saves it with *both* hands :D 

Only reason I can think not to give the penalty is because the ref knew they're playing rush keeper rules and he's shouted out they'd swapped.

• Haha 2