• Traoré (Bailey 64)
    • Digne (Moreno 64)
    • Durán (Buendía 80)
    • Young (Cash 80)
    • Chambers (Watkins 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/03/23 at 23:59

Was at the game which is rare away day for me. West ham were slightly the better team imo but both teams were a bit pedestrian with the press and their desire to win the game.  Just watched motd and was never a pen which couldn't really see live so that's a bit shite.  I thought VAR was there to sort this out?  Also sick of offside not being called and then second phase (winning corners etc if linesman hasn't flagged ) putting us under pressure.  Just flag ffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In the post-match ratings thread 45% (61 posters) voted the Manager's performance as average.

I was quite surprised by this figure and admittedly it is slightly worrying many think this.

Surely there are some of us who see a philosophy and improvement, it was reflected in our recent games I would have thought.

For me, I just don't like the pedestrian pace and time wasting from the first minute, but I 100% support the manager.  Just thought we should have got into them today as they played away in Europe on Thursday.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Was at the game which is rare away day for me. West ham were slightly the better team imo but both teams were a bit pedestrian with the press and their desire to win the game.  Just watched motd and was never a pen which couldn't really see live so that's a bit shite.  I thought VAR was there to sort this out?  Also sick of offside not being called and then second phase (winning corners etc if linesman hasn't flagged ) putting us under pressure.  Just flag ffs.

Aye. There was an obvious one late in the 2nd half from Cornet - right on the halfway line. He's a good 3 yards offside.

Linesman doesn't flag which means our CB's have to turn and chase "just in case" and throw in some last ditch tackles. Martinez has to make a save. Once the ball dribbles out for a corner, the linesman then raises his flag - but Mings has now collapsed to the floor after his attempt to shut it down.

Thankfully, Mings was unhurt - but is it going to take a player being hurt before the linesman flags an obvious offside?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Oh and Digne needs to sort himself out or gtfo. Moreno was ok, but Dignes defensive positioning is really bad right now, probably down on confidence but Jesus wept.

They were knocking long diagonal balls over the full backs for a reason....and they wasn't the first team to do it to us, this season.

Teams obviously see a weakness there.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Benrahma  had ten shots today. The heat map is telling - Cash was utterly abject.

spacer.png

I didn't need the heat map to tell me.....fortunately the manager, seen it too, and withdrew him.

Judging by the West Ham fans on the fan cams outside the London stadium, they have a very low opinion of us.

many seeing a no win against us as a clear indication, of relegation.....not sure, who they think they are.

Our podcasters showing far more respect to their team, after the game.

8 hours ago, robby b said:

Kurt Zouma just now: "that was their only chance and they scored". Really? Ok Kurt so why exactly were you looking the other way when we had our other three attempts on target? Or do you just like to be very biased and tell barefaced lies perhaps? 

They seem to have a very different view to us about that game....some of them thought they dominated it, sure they had a few chances...and had 12 corners, which we seem to struggle with.

I thought it was a decent result, with them fighting for their lives, and a very decent bunch of players, albeit struggling for form.

However, I also thought we had a few players off it today, despite us limiting them to one controversial goal....on another day, they could have punished us with better finishing...despite us missing a few too.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

They seem to have a very different view to us about that game....some of them thought they dominated it, sure they had a few chances...and had 12 corners, which we seem to struggle with.

They also got a soft penalty too, I thought overall a point was about fair, especially when you look at our recent record against them. We would of lost that game a few months ago 

• Like 1

If anyone had any doubt about selling Danny Ings.....I think their doubt ,might have been answered....He hasn't got a press in him.

Mings could have had a cup of tea in his hand and still played balls out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Who was co-commentating? Sounded like Andy Townsend but surely he wouldn’t have seen it that way.

Tony Gale

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

on the day i think we can say we were unlucky to draw, and on balance probably deserved all 3 points, although we could have lost it also tbf.

However, Spam are one of our bogie teams of recent years with their physicality etc, we also didnt have Kamara, good to see Carlos back on the bench, i would have taken a draw prior to the game.

would have liked a win, but im happy with a point tbh, these are the kind of games we would have lost pre Emery.

We have to address this in the summer....A returning Carlos, will help and a more seasoned John Duran, will too.

but we need a few in the squad, who have a natural nose for defending.....and can play, obviously.

That team today had too many players in it, with attacking instincts, and when you do that, things like Bailey's error occurs....we did well under the circumstances to limit them to 1 goal.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

At the end of the day if you get a shot on target then how is that not a chance? We had four on target today, Kurt, not one. It may be a weak shot or straight at the keeper but they're still chances and sometimes great ones. And now and then a keeper makes a howler.

1 minute ago, robby b said:

At the end of the day if you get a shot on target then how is that not a chance? We had four on target today, Kurt, not one. It may be a weak shot or straight at the keeper but they're still chances and sometimes great ones. And now and then a keeper makes a howler.

Well a shot from 25-30 yards isn't much of a 'chance' is it? But we created a superb chance for Watkins, he was unlucky not to score it, couldn't have done much more with it tbf.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Well a shot from 25-30 yards isn't much of a 'chance' is it? But we created a superb chance for Watkins, he was unlucky not to score it, couldn't have done much more with it tbf.

No, that's true, if it's that far out but ours today weren't line that.... the one you mentioned for Wakins was close to the goal, Duran's that was saved by the keeper near the end was also close to the goal.

• Like 1

Poor game overall, but an away point is better than none. Bailey and Cash were poor all game, and the pen was such a naive foul to give away. Rightly or wrongly you go into someone's back in the box, they will go down and likely get to penalty.

Still obvious when Young is off the pitch we don't have the gamesmanship to be in the ref's ear all game to sway decisions like the Rice non call.

Need some depth across the board over summer

9 hours ago, Adman said:

For me, I just don't like the pedestrian pace and time wasting from the first minute, but I 100% support the manager.  Just thought we should have got into them today as they played away in Europe on Thursday.  

We don't time waste from the first minute though?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Do you think his game plan brought out the best in our players?

The home team westham played a 4-1-4-1 and their striker basically sat in the centre circle without pressing.  

What do people on here criticising the pace of play want us to do yesterday.  Kick the ball long or pass risky balls through 4-5 players to speed it up?  Because that’s exactly what Moyes wanted 

Â