Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/23 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Plus with a seven-point gap if we lose our next three we will also likely still be 11th…

And next season when we go unbeaten for the entire season and win every game we’ll still be 11th.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Happy with the three points and restricting Palace to only  3 shots in the game, Emery has plenty to work on as so many times we gave the ball away with poor passing or poor decision making. Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Really poor final 20/25 IMO. I expect he thinks similar.

Painful in possession. So so uncomfortable.

Without Kamara I dread us doing it from the off.

Dendoncker is a very capable and experienced player. He'll fill in fine for the next two games

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Really poor final 20/25 IMO. I expect he thinks similar.

Painful in possession. So so uncomfortable.

Without Kamara I dread us doing it from the off.

I can’t remember a time when we have played well against 10 men irrelevant of the manager. Something about us makes it a harder game than it should be.

• Like 2

Exactly the sort of performance I was hoping for. Emery will have to curtail his ambitions to play swashbuckling football at home until he can change the personnel a little.

He will also have learnt that we don’t know how to exploit the other side losing a man. Something else for him to work on.

• Like 1

Awful game but a good 3 points. How any one could watch that game and think the referee was good doesn’t know the game. 25, yes 25 thought he had a good game, unbelievable! 

• Like 1

Villa weren't great but Emery seems to have them playing at a pace most of the players can cope with - it's no good playing at warp-speed if you just miscontrol the ball or give it away.

Even so, playing it out from the back is still a bit nerve-racking, especially for Konsa.

Villa were fortunate that Zaha proved to be offside for Palace's early goal, even if it wasn't as close as the pundits made out.

Villa had a measure of good fortune when Cash's cross was turned home for an OG.

Villa might have had a team goal of the season to celebrate if Ollie hadn't missed the target at the end of a slick passing-move: he looked suitably gutted, so I forgave him.

I didn't much like refereeing because although allowing the rough stuff might be approved of by those not getting kicked, it just gives licence to the thugs.

I never expected Villa to hold out but Mr Cockup proved not to be at home.

Surprise of the game was Emery bringing on Chambers in midfield after Doucouré had kicked Kamara out of the game.

Not much in the way of entertainment and definitely not a spectacle but just the ugly win Villa needed.

The one delight to take home was John McGinn having another superb game.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 2

3 points, meh game and the coldest I’ve felt down VP for ages.  We were all freezing today for some reason even the temp said 6c so not cold.  Plenty of chanting from the Villa fans, which was good.

1 hour ago, allani said:

I hope West Ham don't sack Moyes this weekend.  Will be ****ing typical to end up playing West Ham away with a new manager taking charge.

To be fair Moyes has a good record against us with West ham, probably got a better chance if he's not there. But he won't be going anywhere yet. 

• Like 2

Â