Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/23 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I wouldnt want him on a free transfer and free wages. I couldn't look at his miserable whinging face every game. 

I hate his face - but in a team like ours I think he'd be deadly. 

Happy with a win and a clean sheet but I felt we were too focused on controlling the game, the tempo at times were just life-drainingly slow and pedestrian.

We have a decent squad but the decision making at times, from Ramsey and Bailey in particular, is so so poor. Ramsey look at bit lost in this possesison oriented style.    

Edited by MackHaakon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The players very much stuck to his game plan today. Could clearly see that when we were 1-0 up and Palace were a man down - didn't overextend looking for the second, just slowed it down and controlled the game. Probably a little frustrating for the fans watching at times but it's all about points at the end of the day. 

Agreed. Resisted the urge to pile forward. Should have had a second a few times were it not for Palace blocks/saves and more questionable Bailey decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'd rather watch Ollie missing the barn door every game. Plus I don't think he likes us very much

He hates us, and the feeling is very mutual. Him and Ben Mee - nothing gives me more satisfaction than watching them fail. Don't want him anywhere near Villa, **** him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Emery1.6666666667 points prr game 

Gerrard 0.818 points per game .

At Emery's pace, we'd be 5th with 42 points, 3 points behind Spurs with a game in hand (although Newcastle would be only 1 point behind with a game in hand on us).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Modern football fans/pundits are absolutely spoiled by regular goalfests now. A cagey 1-0 win without many chances used to be par for the course and more common than not. Even now with a majority of teams playing front foot attacking football, every game can't be a 5 or 6 goal thriller now. 

I happen to enjoy keeping clean sheets and defending a slender win, it's a lost **** artform. Media doesn't want clean sheets, all the Gary Nevilles and the next generation learning from him want to spunk their load on a live feed as regularly as possible. 

That's football now apparently.

The fact that they were creaming their pants over the Arsenal comeback tells you it's about narrative, e.g. "You're not going to miss this on MOTD". I don't watch football for highlight reels. I want to see good performances no matter what. But yeah, their priorities are very driven towards soundbites.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Gonna be epic after the break when we get Carlos, Kamara and Coutinho back

Good win, back to back clean sheets were needed after what went before

utv

Kamara may be gone a long while 

Not sure where to post this.. so I’ll post it here.. went to the Aston Villa website to read the match report.. I was looking at the action photos and I’ve just realised that our team wear leg warmers on top of white socks.. what is the world coming too.. 🙃

• Haha 1

Horrible game a bit lucky with zahas goal and the  own goal but a wins a win. The home win hoodoo is over now so that will help.

We have  massive gap from 12th at tne mo which is good. Need to look now

Â