Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/23 at 23:59

1 minute ago, catanzaro said:

Not sure where to post this.. so I’ll post it here.. went to the Aston Villa website to read the match report.. I was looking at the action photos and I’ve just realised that our team wear leg warmers on top of white socks.. what is the world coming too.. 🙃

I cannot believe John McGinn was doing that

Tough game that, solely for the fact all they seemed intent on doing was injuring our players. 

McGinn was superb, Buendia did a lot of dirty work and we never looked troubled at the back. 

Ref was pathetic. Allowed them to get away with nasty fouls before ultimately Boubs got injured. 

After watching that, I hope Palace get dragged into a relegation scrap because they are a horrible, dirty team, led by Zaha who rivals Rat Face as the biggest prick in football. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Agreed. Resisted the urge to pile forward. Should have had a second a few times were it not for Palace blocks/saves and more questionable Bailey decisions. 

That being said, I don’t think Unai will be particularly happy with the second half. Should have definitely got a second to kill it off. 

MOTM - McGinn

MP  Average

Ref - Shit 

Summary/Take away. Great 3 points in a lacklustre performance. Second clean sheet but lucky because the defence are still too slow moving the ball out from the back. I like Chambers more than Dendocker covering Kamara or Luiz.  

Just now, Bizzzle said:

That might have been the worst win I have seen this season but I don't care at all 

Definitely the least enjoyable of Emery's reign, the only worse one I can recall for entertainment value this season was the 1-0 win-by-default against a functionally non-existent Southampton under the previous manager

I guess it would've been better for everyone if Anderson had missed the ball and Watkins had got a tap-in so we'd at least have had a good goal and the 6 in 6 to think about

Just now, Annoyman said:

Definitely the least enjoyable of Emery's reign, the only worse one I can recall for entertainment value this season was the 1-0 win-by-default against a functionally non-existent Southampton under the previous manager

I guess it would've been better for everyone if Anderson had missed the ball and Watkins had got a tap-in so we'd at least have had a good goal and the 6 in 6 to think about

Yes that Southampton game was awful I'd forgotten about that

If there's such a thing as an annoying win, that was it. Largely ineffective playing out the back, Ollie's miss and streak snap, Kamara's injury, unable to take advantage of the man advantage, and we're still in 11th place!

• Like 2

Still not in the top half and looking at the fixtures, we probably STILL won't be even if we beat West Ham!

Great to win back to back games with clean sheets though. 

An ugly win, but we owe them that for the game at Selhurst.

Edited by GlobalVillan

27 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Very honest of him. Fair play

I honestly think it's in the players heads when opposition goes down to 10 men.

We are terrible in these situations under endless different managers.

With today I'm not expecting us to go and score another 3-4 goals but there was half an hour left and we only had one decent shot and very few decent attacks. We always seem to make so much more harder work than other teams do in that situation and then you look at all the games we've lost v 10 men when the match was a draw when a red was shown.

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Still not in the top half and looking at the fixtures, we probably STILL won't be even if we beat West Ham!

Plus with a seven-point gap if we lose our next three we will also likely still be 11th…

34 minutes ago, jim said:

Results business but it was shite.

It really wasn’t we controlled the game, and should have been 3-0 up had Watkins and Mcginn took their chances.

• Like 1

Â