Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/23 at 23:59

Just now, The_Steve said:

Screenshot-2023-03-04-at-17-00-56-Premier-League-Arsenal-equalise-as-Chelsea-Wolves-Brighton-Villa-a

Gotta love that bitter BBC attitude because one of their London babies lost to us.

They're not wrong though, are they? I was so bored I started playing Chess in the second half.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Palace posed no danger all game. Well managed by us. I think Emery wanted to keep it tight to get some results going at home

Plus a win over Palace means that we have at worst a 6 point gap to the next team below us (Forest if they win their match in hand) but more likely 7 - so that's a 3 match turn around.  Really important to help us really focus now on what is above us.  We are now the same number of points off 5th as we are 12th (although a few of the teams above us have games in hand).  We won't finish 5th but we shouldn't finish 12th either.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

They're not wrong though, are they? I was so bored I started playing Chess in the second half.

Yeah, not a great game by any stretch. The beeb couldn't care less about us though. The comments in the live thread is full of weird bitterness and wrong info - like, they claimed it was McGinn not Buendia who almost got the assist for Ollie.

Thought we played well in a controlled manner. Our high line scares me a bit but we seemed to play the offside trap quite well. Just lacking a bit going forward but if Ollie scores that chance then maybe my view changes a bit in that regard.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Missed opportunity for me today.

Should have brought Duran on earlier, played 2 up front to see how he and Watkins played together.

The injury to Bouba changed that though

The players very much stuck to his game plan today. Could clearly see that when we were 1-0 up and Palace were a man down - didn't overextend looking for the second, just slowed it down and controlled the game. Probably a little frustrating for the fans watching at times but it's all about points at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

Â