Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

I was expecting a loss, but not a demolition.

We have been technically poor, gutless and fearful. We have nothing in the squad to change things either.

Sums it up for me...  Sell everyone we can this summer and replace.

Back to the bad old days, first touches and passing pretty appalling across the pitch, Chambers looks rusty and uncomfortable.

Not even gonna get angry about the Grealish dive, he was a diver when he was here so why expect anything other.

Damage limitation for the second half, if we can get out of it with the score as is that’ll be an achievement of sorts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone that welcomes that rocket polisher back to villa after that cheating dive can do one.

**** him

Calm down 😅 we welcomed Young back and he's been one of our better players.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm not watching it. I can't. Those blue words removed have genuinely smashed a hole in my love of football.

Same. Switched over to FC Köln - Eintracht Frankfurt to watch some actual competetive football with some actual atmosphere in the stands. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Don’t mind losing to a better team but we are so bloody passive!  

We should make them work for it, but we’ve basically jogged around and been gentle with them.

Easiest game City will have all season.

We must have the weakest and slowest press in the PL.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd **** love to see Grealish get cut in half. Absolute word removed.

Same. Shame the Villa players still seem completely in awe of him. Too afraid to upset him. 

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Then you haven't been paying attention to:

A, All our visits to that shit hole (bar last season where we threw away a 2 goal lead to hand them the title}

B, The siege mentality that they were going to clearly have after what's happened and

C, The dreadful performances we have had in most games since beating Spurs on NYD.

This was always going to be a hammering. Always.

Yes, and expect another in the next game. I have a strong feeling Wolves and West Ham will finish above us this season.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Team with over a decade of cheating smashes a team that didn't  

Surprise 

Mate, that’s true but we haven’t even tried to make them work for it.  I expected to lose but we haven’t even made them work for it.  City aren’t even out of second gear….I don’t mind losing even to the cheating scumbags but we should’ve tried to give them a game.  So passive!

Just now, nick76 said:

Mate, that’s true but we haven’t even tried to make them work for it.  I expected to lose but we haven’t even made them work for it.  City aren’t even out of second gear….I don’t mind losing even to the cheating scumbags but we should’ve tried to give them a game.  So passive!

It has been crap I agree. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I expect City to look good because look at their squad… but is there any reason why we decide to just abandon being a Premier League side and launch balls hopelessly to nobody up the field. Forget how to pass, shoot, dribble? 

The game was over as soon as it started.

I've said it before and will say it again

A massive clearout in the summer is needed.

Unai can't be happy with these clowns, they have bottled it and reverted to type now and completely abandoned any sort of gameplan we may have had.

Were not going to move forward as a club until the squad gets a complete overhaul.

It's ok signing a class manager but if you don't give him the tools what's the point?

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I'm amazed at how pissed off people get, what were you expecting? We go a goal down against by far the best team in the country after 3 minutes and the game was effectively over. They needed a win this week and have put the best midfielder in the league back into their team fully rested and ready to go. It was always going to be a struggle, these aren't the games that decide our season.

It’s not losing that’s the problem, it’s the way you lose!