Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

LW/CF Amine Gouiri, AM Mohammed Kudus (or Rayan Cherki), DM/RB/CB Lutsharel Geertruida and a backup keeper….bosh, done

Would have added Ugochukwu in there but that ship has sailed (screw you Chelsea)

Think you’re gunna hate Chelsea a bit more as Kudus will join either them or Arsenal. They also reportedly pulled out of the deal for Cherki due to his attitude.

Here’s a ridiculous suggestion - Dani Olmo of Leipzig. 

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Genuinely confused about why we'd ever be interested in Ferran Torres. Is there some parallel universe where he's scored lots of goals? I'd even favor the overrated Felix over him. What am I missing here?

We still have a glaring lack of a second keeper option. There is utterly no question that's what we should be sorting urgently. We have a glut of strikers, midfielders and CBs. We could probably use a fast RB. Why are ****-ing around with striker talk?

Agree with everything here  maybe 50/50 with the last line though regarding striker however that can be debated 🤔 just waiting for @macandally to pipe up with a negative reaction along with @thabucks

Edited by RicRic
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Well @RicRic I don’t want to add to your concerns as you obviously have many 😂 I mean Torres’ record for Spain of 15 goals in 35 games or his 9 goals in 21 champions league games is a meagre return I’ll grant you that 😉

Torres is clearly an upgrade to what we have. It have been reported that he doesn’t want to leave Barcelona or Spain, making any question about his skill not very relevant. 

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

List of players Emery has publicly said he's happy with and people need to get over the fact they're not leaving:

Olsen

Dendonker

Coutinho

I saw about Olsen, never saw anything like that about Donk and Lil Phil though?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In terms of players for attacking positions would it seem the preference is (one of): Felix, Torres, Doku?

Personally I think Emery wants João Félix.

It's always been my hope this summer that he slowly comes to the inevitable conclusion that we're exactly where he really needed to be, all along, but he wasn't there in January, IMO, and he wasn't there in June. Perhaps now he's gain a clearer-eyed view?

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In terms of players for attacking positions would it seem the preference is (one of): Felix, Torres, Doku?

Personally I think Emery wants João Félix.

Felix has the potential to be a world class talent, just not at Atletico.  The problem is that he would be a massive gamble for the price he would cost us in transfer/wages.  Doku is a livewire, but already has injury concerns and his career is just getting started.  Torres getting written off by Barca fans is like Man City fans writing off Grealish after his first season.  He's a very good player who would be a huge coup for us in terms of the cost if we can pull off the signing.

Honestly, we need consistency in the squad.  How many games were we crying out from a performance from Bailey or Buendia last season?  Diaby will help with this, but having another like Torres or Felix will only strengthen us further. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Doku is a livewire, but already has injury concerns and his career is just getting started. 

This is what worries about Doku, the concerns are there in big flashing letters re injuries.

It’s like when we signed Phil in the hope that he could find some level of the form and consistence previously shown even though the signs were there that he was done. He really was done.

Doku maybe very good when fit but given our luck with injuries to new signings can we afford another player to sit on the medical table shining on the pitch sporadically? The Villa thing to do would be to sign him in the hope that his injury days are behind him only for him rule himself out for 6 months in match 2 on very expensive wages.

17 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Felix has the potential to be a world class talent, just not at Atletico.  The problem is that he would be a massive gamble for the price he would cost us in transfer/wages. 

Why did he look poor in WC and at Chelsea. I honestly don't understand the hype for price tag and wages

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why did he look poor in WC and at Chelsea. I honestly don't understand the hype for price tag and wages

He looked very good for Chelsea considering the circumstances.  Fat Frank kept chopping and changing the formation and lineup every match. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have seen Adama Traore name pop up a few times about returning.

I do like watching him play as its a unique experience but please not for Villa

Yeah no thanks. On a free its tempting but his end product is absymal. He is more frustrating than bailey

14 hours ago, CVByrne said:

These valuations are totally madness 

Not one step beyond [12"] - Vinyle | Rakuten but Daniel Levy's pricing strategy has clearly been used and a realistic value given below the list:   

14 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I doubt we would get more than 25m for all of them.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah no thanks. On a free its tempting but his end product is absymal. He is more frustrating than bailey

There’s nothing tempting about it even on a free 😂

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its really not though is it? that's 27 points based on last season, so 9 wins will turn to losses based on the keeper?

the negativity surrounding olsen is way out of proportion and needs to stop

Olsen kept a crucial clean sheet against Spurs. Yeah, he’s back up for a reason, but the desire to scapegoat him is getting pathetic. 

• Like 3