Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He signed Nicholas Pepe too.

Hush my mouth....stand in the corner and say 3 hail mary's....sorry.

Emery didnt want Pepe, that was an Edu/Arsenal recruitment team signing i think.

Apparently, Emery wanted Zaha, but Arsenal didnt want to spend 40m on him, so they spent 70m+ on Pepe instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Why would you wish for that?! That’s bizarre…

I’d rather wish for either of them to be a roaring success and fire us up the league and further in competitions, while gaining the adoration of us fans…

IF they ever signed of course 😂

Same goes for any player we sign…

I never understand that....We all throw our opinions in the ring for new players.....But I would never want a player signed to be a dud, just to prove myself right...under such circumstances, I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

The welfare of the team trumps my own judgment, every time.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Emery wanted Zaha, and the club wanted Pepe mate.

Either way, Pepe actually looked a ridiculous player when they signed him.

Phew!!!....Thanks Shaun, just dodged a bullet....My Love for UE, nearly got tested there.

However, they all make mistakes....SAF with Djemba Djemba.

Edited by TRO

Who all do we still need to get rid of (minus players like Olsen, Digne, Coutinho etc who people want rid of but are in fact part of the first team)? Seems only Hause and Davis left surplus to requirements.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who all do we still need to get rid of (minus players like Olsen, Digne, Coutinho etc who people want rid of but are in fact part of the first team)? Seems only Hause and Davis left surplus to requirements.

Can’t see Traore getting minutes if Philogene stays in the squad.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think Olsen and Digne, will stay with the project......Hause and Davis are sadly surplus.

Sad really, both Lovely guys.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Phew!!!....Thanks Shaun, just dodged a bullet....My Love for UE, nearly got tested there.

However, they all make mistakes....SAF with Djemba Djemba.

To be fair, all of them make mistakes, not every signing wie make will be a guaranteed success either, regardless of Manager imo.

Too many things factor into these things imo.

None go into a signing thinking it's a mistake.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pepe signing was dodgy as hell. Some proper corrupt shit. We can criticise Emery for certain things at Arsenal but Pepe ain’t one of them!

it started an internal investigation and about 4 people lost their job at arsenal over it from memory including their head of football operations

there was rumours of several people on pepe's side receiving payments not just his agent and the player himself

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

it started an internal investigation and about 4 people lost their job at arsenal over it from memory including their head of football operations

there was rumours of several people on pepe's side receiving payments not just his agent and the player himself

Wow....I didn't know, all that.

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m feeling in a shit mood today so here is my obnoxious word removed look at me I’m an ITK post. 

Luiz will sign contract while you all shit yourself about him leaving ✔️ 

Diaby will sign while you all piss yourself about Saudi’s taking over football ✔️ 

Doku to sign and Fab can **** off…..

I should join Twitter. 

Is this legit...?

18 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Is this legit...?

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's usually legit.

Thanks mate but I’m going to be honest. I have no idea if Doku will sign. This is a feel it in my waters type of ITK 😊 

Plus there’s not much else to talk about at the moment anyway. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pepe signing was dodgy as hell. Some proper corrupt shit. We can criticise Emery for certain things at Arsenal but Pepe ain’t one of them!

If i needed a Pepe talk i would have hired a life coach

i'll get me towel