Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I think its so easy to empty your pockets, and then face the consequences, when it don't work out.......That can set us back years.

Sure, I get that we must be certain, of who we are buying.....but I am not sure we are ready for huge outlays.....what I mean by that is north of £40 mill.

I am also aware, you can't fulfill your dreams by relying on finding gems......its just wishful thinging.

There is no right way......I guess its just keep prospecting.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

You are right though, none of us actually has a clue and can’t make any claims with absolute certainty.

And here I'd been thinking that every day at 5 pm, Robert Mackenzie rings @BOF for his latest précis of the day's VT transfer chatter, and thus, our recruitment strategy unfolds... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That means nothing. It’s as speculative as anything else. 

To be fair, Percy is far more credible than almost anybody else and suggests there is truth to it.

• Like 1

As much as I don’t really want us to sign Barnes as I don’t think he’s right for our side… he does look very good in this YouTube highlights reel (complete with obnoxious music):

so to summarise, he’s probably better than I think he is 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think its so easy to empty your pockets, and then face the consequences, when it don't work out.......That can set us back years.

It didn't stop Larry Limelight and his vanity signing of Courtinho.