Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, so why did Matt (hugely reliable when it comes to Villa) say this?

Collomosse said it too, also reliable on Villa. As did Miguel Delaney who while he hasn't got much of a track record on Villa transfers it almost gives credence to the report because he's not the sort to indulge in speculation. Not to say it'll happen but there's reason to believe there's something in it, I think people just equate not wanting the signing themselves to the person reporting it being a nefarious clickbait merchant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Only unexpected one in there is Shakpoke, he was very highly rated when we signed him, but has been very injured over the past 12+ months, i wonder if his injuries are just too serious, or hindered him too much.

Shame to see a few of the names associated with our youth FA Cup win there. Seems they really haven't pushed on. 

Any ideas where any of them will end up?

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Collomosse said it too, also reliable on Villa. As did Miguel Delaney who while he hasn't got much of a track record on Villa transfers it almost gives credence to the report because he's not the sort to indulge in speculation. Not to say it'll happen but there's reason to believe there's something in it, I think people just equate not wanting the signing themselves to the person reporting it being a nefarious clickbait merchant.

Exactly. Kiwi doesn’t like Barnes therefore rubbish’s the link. He knows full well we’re interested in the player. In fact, any player he doesn’t like, he’ll just tell everybody that the person reporting it isn’t credible. Yawn. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Exactly. Kiwi doesn’t like Barnes therefore rubbish’s the link. He knows full well we’re interested in the player. In fact, any player he doesn’t like, he’ll just tell everybody that the person reporting it isn’t credible. Yawn. 

@Kiwivillanrubbishes every link to be fair.

He has a passionate dislike for anything ITK or Twitter related 🤣

Spoilsport!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, so why did Matt (hugely reliable when it comes to Villa) say this?

Lange who is no longer the main man in transfers.  And a player that doesn't really fit Emery's system.

49 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Lange who is no longer the main man in transfers.  And a player that doesn't really fit Emery's system.

He probably was at the time.

I don't rate Barnes and think even if he was as good as people suggest Leicester would want to much. 

But there almost certainly was some interest from us there.  Maybe went as far as requesting a price, before we walked away. Emery said he wants a winger also so irrelevant that he wouldn't fit in the formation he played last season. We didn't have a winger to play with one.

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We won't. Barnes is anti Emery player. Lazy off the ball. Correct me if we sign him

Yeah I'm not that huge on him either but just feels an obvious signing to make to get in a reasonably quality premier league player in alongside Tielemans to start pre season with.

Don't want to be going into mid August still short of 3-4 in squad tbh, let's see if Monchi's arrival accelerates things now in the market.

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah I'm not that huge on him either but just feels an obvious signing to make to get in a reasonably quality premier league player in alongside Tielemans to start pre season with.

Don't want to be going into mid August still short of 3-4 in squad tbh, let's see if Monchi's arrival accelerates things now in the market.

Isn't it more likely to slow us down, if anything? Some time for Monchi to arrive, take stock, to discuss with Emery what he needs rather than plunging into the market rather haphazardly as we seem to have done so far?

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

As centre backs go Medina is so fun to watch. He's super aggressive as well as ambitious on the ball, he dribbles as much as attackers do and has a lovely range of passing. Believe he's pretty much exclusively played on the left of a back three for Lens though and it's the kind of position he's tailor-made for, I'm not sure playing as part of a four would suit him that much unless you played him as a kind of reserved/inverted left back as all the cool managers do now. Think he'd be a great signing for a lot of teams in any case.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Personally think Barnes would be great in Emery’s system, in fact think it’d see him step up - totally fine to disagree or to think he’s a rubbish player but let’s not state things as fact when they aren’t…

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What happened with that Moleiro lad from Las Palmas. Wonder if he’s still a viable option despite them getting promoted last season.

Think the issue is now his release clause has doubled to €60mill sadly. With Monchi’s appointment I can see us getting a number of young La Liga players.

I’ve said it before I’d be surprised if Arnau Martínez from Girona isn’t a target as he can play both RB & CB. https://footballtalentscout.net/2023/05/09/arnau-martinez-scouting-report-by-louis-readman/

Alex Baena if indeed Williams doesn’t leave Bilbao who Emery knows well.  

Saw somewhere online our name tagged with CM Pablo Torre from Barca and cannot see him displacing Gavi & Pedri or De Jong

https://footballtalentscout.net/2021/09/01/pablo-torre/