Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia has another assist in FPL but not counted elsewhere. He rattled crossbar and I think Watkins tapped in the rebound

That's all comps. No other goals or assist.

They need to up their game next season. 

Fans seem to rate Buendia more, but Emery tends to prefer Bailey. Buendia only got a run because Bailey got injured.

44 minutes ago, Frodo said:

You winked 🤔 why ?

I’m the worst ITK in the world … I worked with someone years ago at OUFC who now works for Wasserman… I only get to hear about players we are either offered or didn’t sign … Villa are a tight run ship with NDA’s and he cannot put his job in jeopardy. I get snippets every now and again which usually go nowhere but that’s not to say they’re BS either… All he said is look out for Norwich defenders poss getting linked - so obviously it’s gotta be either Aaron’s or Omobamidele. It could be agents hawking players or an enquiry made … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’m the worst ITK in the world … I worked with someone years ago at OUFC who now works for Wasserman… I only get to hear about players we are either offered or didn’t sign … Villa are a tight run ship with NDA’s and he cannot put his job in jeopardy. I get snippets every now and again which usually go nowhere but that’s not to say they’re BS either… All he said is look out for Norwich defenders poss getting linked - so obviously it’s gotta be either Aaron’s or Omobamidele. It could be agents hawking players or an enquiry made … 

Omobamidele would be an interesting signing, and would certainly make more sense than Pau Torres as he would be someone that could push Mings and Konsa for a place in the team, but would not necessarily expect first team football straight away. Plus he has huge potential at just 20-years old.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Nice insight & defo something to look out for 👌

According to their now departing Sporting Director, Norwich turned down £20+ million for Omobamidele in January and are resigned to losing him this summer. Getting linked to Milan and the likes.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Welcome Grant Hanley

• Haha 1

I imagine we'll step up interest in Barnes now.

Spurs making joke bids for him, Leicester need to sell and he seemingly wants to stay locally so if you want someone proven to quickly settle in and be there for early pre season I'm not sure there's a more obvious signing on the market for us to make.

Then once Monchi is installed I imagine we'll step up to try to find that game changing attacker from abroad.

So…

IF (big if) we were actually interested in or pursuing targets that have been mentioned online or in media, if there was ever any truth to any of it, it sounds like we’ve missed out or been unable to attract or pry them from their clubs… e.g. Asensio, Kang-in, Williams… Best to aim high in any case, worth trying for high calibre targets then working our way down the list…

So, can we come up with some DIFFERENT and possibly realistic names that we may or should be interested in?

It would be refreshing to see names that haven’t already been linked or mentioned and possibly the kind of player Unai and co would go for, rather than a massively overpriced and overpaid player…

I don’t have enough knowledge on current players (was more of an obsessive in my younger days) and what sort of talent is out there across different leagues that would either make a major impact on the team (upgrade) or have huge potential.

A player I would dream of us signing but is too unlikely would be Chiesa, he’s been one of my favourites for a while.

I rate Milinkovic-Savic but he would be expensive and difficult to attract and we probably don’t need him or to spend so heavily on such a player.

Players like Kang-in seem really interesting (PSG - boo hiss), those that are highly talented and ready to take the next step up or be part of a “proper project”…

I wonder who else is out there that would work out well for us… I’ve just notice this Gabri Vega guy… too much interest from “top clubs”.

I would assume Unai (and Monchi) would mainly target La Liga players and possibly South America…

I really hope we’re in a position, in the near future, to sign some of the very best prospects from places like Argentina and Brazil… Japan and Korea seem to be producing some great talent too..

Edited by Jas10

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I imagine we'll step up interest in Barnes now.

Spurs making joke bids for him, Leicester need to sell and he seemingly wants to stay locally so if you want someone proven to quickly settle in and be there for early pre season I'm not sure there's a more obvious signing on the market for us to make.

Then once Monchi is installed I imagine we'll step up to try to find that game changing attacker from abroad.

We won't. Barnes is anti Emery player. Lazy off the ball. Correct me if we sign him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

We will still have biggger targets than what’s been rumoured and speculated on, especially when Monchi joins. We are in for quality this window first and foremost. 

Are you saying the +60 players we've been linked with since January are mostly bullshit???

• Like 1