Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

So…

IF (big if) we were actually interested in or pursuing targets that have been mentioned online or in media, if there was ever any truth to any of it, it sounds like we’ve missed out or been unable to attract or pry them from their clubs… e.g. Asensio, Kang-in, Williams… Best to aim high in any case, worth trying for high calibre targets then working our way down the list…

So, can we come up with some DIFFERENT and possibly realistic names that we may or should be interested in?

It would be refreshing to see names that haven’t already been linked or mentioned and possibly the kind of player Unai and co would go for, rather than a massively overpriced and overpaid player…

I don’t have enough knowledge on current players (was more of an obsessive in my younger days) and what sort of talent is out there across different leagues that would either make a major impact on the team (upgrade) or have huge potential.

A player I would dream of us signing but is too unlikely would be Chiesa, he’s been one of my favourites for a while.

I rate Milinkovic-Savic but he would be expensive and difficult to attract and we probably don’t need him or to spend so heavily on such a player.

Players like Kang-in seem really interesting (PSG - boo hiss), those that are highly talented and ready to take the next step up or be part of a “proper project”…

I wonder who else is out there that would work out well for us… I’ve just notice this Gabri Vega guy… too much interest from “top clubs”.

I really hope we’re in a position, in the near future, to sign some of the very best prospect from places like South America… Japan and Korea seem to be producing some great talent too..

Once we get Monchi in we are different gravy. We shouldn’t rush into deals for the sake of it. Nor can we control when stuff gets linked or speculated on. Only Unai and the board know what they need. We always run a tight ship. Incredibly confident and very relaxed about the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Are you saying the +60 players we've been linked with since January are mostly bullshit???

I only start believing transfer rumours once we’ve hit 75 names. Media need to step up tbh. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Once we get Monchi in we are different gravy. We shouldn’t rush into deals for the sake of it. Nor can we control when stuff gets linked or speculated on. Only Unai and the board know what they need. We always run a tight ship. Incredibly confident and very relaxed about the next few weeks. 

I fully agree and made no suggestion that we should rush in to any deals… I don’t want us to sign just anyone or players for the sake of it, filling out the squad etc. Mainly, whoever Unai wants but I want to see some proper enhancements to our team.

I’m just so intrigued and curious as to who we are actually after and what kinds of players Unai wants…

It’s hard to get/find any factual information but I’m so interested 🤣

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are you saying the +60 players we've been linked with since January are mostly bullshit???

I’m also interested to see which (if any!) players you would like to see us sign because you either shit on any link or get pissed off with any suggestion!

🤣

I agree on the BS btw but it’s part n parcel of the window unfortunately… but, surely you would like to see us sign some players?

I know you’re loyal to and rate our current crop (nothing wrong with that) but… we need more to kick on…

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I only start believing transfer rumours once we’ve hit 75 names. Media need to step up tbh. 

I'm angry at my school teachers growing up that they never advertised transfer rumour spoofer as a career path

Just now, Jas10 said:

I’m also interested to see which (if any!) players you would like to see us sign because you either shit on any link or get pissed off with any suggestion!

🤣

I agree on the BS btw but it’s part n parcel of the window unfortunately… but, surely you would like to see us sign some players?

I know you’re loyal to and rate our current crop (nothing wrong with that) but… we need more to kick on…

I just shit on your obsession with Felix. Thought he looked garbage in WC and with Chelsea

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I imagine we'll step up interest in Barnes now.

Spurs making joke bids for him, Leicester need to sell and he seemingly wants to stay locally so if you want someone proven to quickly settle in and be there for early pre season I'm not sure there's a more obvious signing on the market for us to make.

Then once Monchi is installed I imagine we'll step up to try to find that game changing attacker from abroad.

No one has a clue really do they? 🤣

I just don’t imagine that we’ll go for many nor spend too much money on “obvious” names or targets e.g. PL “name” or recognised players. Many are overpriced and overpaid too (English tax), it can be a massive waste of funds.

Tielemans on a free was a good get though….

With the knowledge Unai has, as well as his “support team” and Monchi (when he gets to work) I am sure we will have a wide scope for targets and not go down the simple route etc.

There’s a lot of talent out there and I keep beating that drum! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I just shit on your obsession with Felix. Thought he looked garbage in WC and with Chelsea

Why are you always so miserable and pissed off? 🤣

It wasn’t an obsession, you need to chill. No need to be so confrontational or aggressive… 

I thought it was a good suggestion and was just my opinion it idea… there are some highly talented players out there that need move, better environment, better or more suited manager etc. I wasn’t just focussing on him either, players who could play that role. Goncalves is an alternative.

But I want to see more/different names, tired of the same ones being regurgitated.

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I fully agree and made no suggestion that we should rush in to any deals… I don’t want us to sign just anyone or players for the sake of it, filling out the squad etc. Mainly, whoever Unai wants but I want to see some proper enhancements to our team.

I’m just so intrigued and curious as to who we are actually after and what kinds of players Unai wants…

It’s hard to get/find any factual information but I’m so interested 🤣

No criticisms attached! We are living through a more dramatic window thanks to social media. Unai is a total enigma and genius. Fascinating to see what our squad is like in a month. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You do it every window mate, I wonder why you bother commenting when you sound so miserable, critical and upset. But hey ho, you do you…

Just now, The_Steve said:

No criticisms attached! We are living through a more dramatic window thanks to social media. Unai is a total enigma and genius. Fascinating to see what our squad is like in a month. 

He’s awesome isn’t he? 😄

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Why are you always so miserable and pissed off? 🤣

It wasn’t an obsession, you need to chill. No need to be so confrontational or aggressive… 

I thought it was a good suggestion and was just my opinion it idea… there are some highly talented players out there that need move, better environment, better or more suited manager etc. I wasn’t just focussing on him either, players who could play that role. Goncalves is an alternative.

But I want to see more/different names, tired of the same ones being regurgitated.

I assure you I'm not miserable and pissed off just because I have my own takes on some mooted players. My opinion is based on whether said player is useful target for Villa and many times I think they're not 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You do it every window mate, I wonder why you bother commenting when you sound so miserable, critical and upset. But hey ho, you do you…

Yes I said Coutinho was a flop in Bundesliga and wouldn't cut it in PL. Apologies for that critical opinion

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I assure you I'm not miserable and pissed off just because I have my own takes on some mooted players. My opinion is based on whether said player is useful target for Villa and many times I think they're not 

Ok, but all your takes seem to be critical or angry. I’m not having a go, if that’s what you want to do then carry on.

But your takes are always negative. And tbh I agree with some of them but it can be quite relentless…

Do you have any positive takes? 

Ok, so who do you think would be useful targets? 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Villa Twitter having a normal one again. It's only June 16. 

I’m seeing it too, lol I saw someone say if we didn’t spend all week dicking about with Monchi we would have Williams.

Like do these people understand how transfers work? Too many people think it’s FIFA. 

• Like 2