Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

My predicition is that we will soon reveal the signing of Joel Robles

I thought David Soria might be a shout for keeper. Out of contract and was cup keeper for one of Emery's Europa League wins at Sevilla.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not many links on a new RB, so feel it might be an Ings out of the blue type announcement.

Random RB name generator initialised...

Sergino Dest is on his way.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I was actually quite impressed with Dest at the World Cup. Doubt we’re looking for that profile of right back 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Nah. He was our best player by some distance under Gerrard.

He's been nowhere near as good under Emery, and it's noticeable because literally everyone else has got better - and we started winning. Gerrard had no tactics and clearly Emi just went **** this and ran around trying to help the side. Under Emery and the strict structure he's been much less effective.

He's often on the cusp of some great performances but dallies for reasons unknown to anyone.

He's going to get dropped from the XI, and it might actually help him to have some more sub appearances.

Bailey is garbage.

Both Buendia and Bailey have the same number of goals, Bailey has one more assist. 5 and 4 for Bailey, 5 and 3 for Buendia. 

They have the same output. Buendia gets stuck in, that's why people seem to rate him higher than Bailey. But the reality is they're attacking players, brought in to assist and score. People talk about Buendia's nice touches, but for every nice one there's an unforced touch straight to an opposition player.

They have both been very good on occasion, but most times frustratingly poor they both need to improve, and they both should be squad players next season. While they haven't been good enough, the talent is their for both, and for me they should be kept until it's proven we have better in their positions.

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Just find the lack of links to RB curious.  Not even any bullshit links on social media, and it is a position we are definitely short in quality/cover now that Young will be leaving.

9 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Come on now. Marginally more than Traore between them I make it and Traore hardly played 90 minutes altogether all season. Watkins and Ramsey were generally our match winners. We should surely be expecting two of our front three to be contributing at least 15-20 points per season in winning goals. If Bailey is to have any meaningful future with us, he should be spending his summer holidays in Bodymoor Heath with a strength and conditioning coach. 

10 goals and 8 assists between them suggest that they been matchs winners for us on more than one occasion. The problem is thats still not often enough. Traore had an absolute stinker in his first and only start last season. Scored two beautiful and important goals, but Bailey for example scored 5 and assisted 4, which easily eclipses Traore. 

22 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Both Buendia and Bailey have the same number of goals, Bailey has one more assist. 5 and 4 for Bailey, 5 and 3 for Buendia. 

They have the same output.

We'll have to disagree if you think that means they're of a similar level.

I don't care who scores in the side. I just want Villa winning.

46 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not many links on a new RB, so feel it might be an Ings out of the blue type announcement.

We might just sign another CB and that'll do us as we plan to play a CB at RB. Otherwise it's a young player we'll sign.

We really don't know. It's. It's not as critical as other positions right now

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was actually quite impressed with Dest at the World Cup. Doubt we’re looking for that profile of right back 

The 3rd choice AC Milan right back this season

25 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

They have the same output. Buendia gets stuck in, that's why people seem to rate him higher than Bailey. But the reality is they're attacking players, brought in to assist and score. People talk about Buendia's nice touches, but for every nice one there's an unforced touch straight to an opposition player.

They have both been very good on occasion, but most times frustratingly poor they both need to improve, and they both should be squad players next season. While they haven't been good enough, the talent is their for both, and for me they should be kept until it's proven we have better in their positions.

I'd say that's fair to an extent if you're just looking at goals scored.  Bailey is often on the periphery of games, though.  Buendia isn't.  He might misplace passes or lose the ball or whatever, but he's involved.

Buendia makes more passes, more key passes, completes more dribbles, has more shots, makes more tackles, intercepts the ball more and gets dispossessed (very marginally) less often.  He plays in a different role to Bailey, so some of this (passes, tackles) is to be expected to an extent, but he's also just a more useful all-round attacker.

But sure, they've both scored 5 in all competitions.

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah to me he's a modern attacking RB who gets forward

If he was to leave he's starting to look like he's jumping around a bit though

We've got a lot of young right-backs at the club, Kesler who i don't think is suddenly a bad player just because loan didn't work out too well last season and then had some injuries second half of the season.

Jayden Barber who goes under the radar, but is a good attacking right-back and is a regular at international level alonside Feeney at his age group, possibly contender for our most under rated youth as no talks about him, but is doing very well and the England set-up obviously rate him.

Triston Rowe who only turned sixteen this year, but has already played for our U21s and against first team opposition in EFL Trophy, he's also an England youth international, unfortunately strong rumours that he might be off to Chelsea.

In addition to those we've also got Ashton McWilliams, who's a good player too, I watched him at Egypt Cup, similar style to Kesler if that was anything to by, and another called up by England but I don't think has a cap yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We've got a lot of young right-backs at the club, Kesler who i don't think is suddenly a bad player just because loan didn't work out too well last season and then had some injuries second half of the season.

Jayden Barber who goes under the radar, but is a good attacking right-back and is a regular at international level alonside Feeney at his age group, possibly contender for our most under rated youth as no talks about him, but is doing very well and the England set-up obviously rate him.

Triston Rowe who only turned sixteen this year, but has already played for our U21s and against first team opposition in EFL Trophy, he's also an England youth international, unfortunately strong rumours that he might be off to Chelsea.

In addition to those we've also got Ashton McWilliams, who's a good player too, I watched him at Egypt Cup, similar style to Kesler if that was anything to by, and another called up by England but I don't think has a cap yet.

What's the deal with Kesler, was he injured when he returned from loan? He never even managed to make the bench even when we couldn't fulfil the subs quota.

48 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Buendia has another assist in FPL but not counted elsewhere. He rattled crossbar and I think Watkins tapped in the rebound