Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Everyone said the same about KKH when he was recalled in January, but he can't even make the bench which has 2 goalkeepers on it...  The point is that we massively overrate our young players and expecting a player failing to stand out in a relegation threatened Championship team to suddenly break into our squad next season, with Emery and a reportedly record high transfer warchest isn't realistic, IMO.

I think the difference is that Tim has already experience in the PL (not a lot for sure but he has a few games under his belt) & he has been consistently playing where as KKH was in and out of the Huddersfield squad / XI... It might be that him getting another loan is best for all parties but he probably would've made the squad in several matches this season for us

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Everyone said the same about KKH when he was recalled in January, but he can't even make the bench which has 2 goalkeepers on it...  The point is that we massively overrate our young players and expecting a player failing to stand out in a relegation threatened Championship team to suddenly break into our squad next season, with Emery and a reportedly record high transfer warchest isn't realistic, IMO.

I'm not saying his going to be starting every game. What I am saying is I expect Emery to see him as someone who in 2 or 3 years (maybe sooner) would be the perfect partner for Kamara. He was doing exceptionally well before Beale left, and since then the team has dropped like a stone. He has underperformed, like everyone else at QPR. 

As for KKH his situation is a little different. Firstly he is a couple of years younger, and hasn't even got u21 caps yet I believe. Secondly Iroegbunam has won the u21 euros, as the primary DM. Thirdly Iroegbunam is being chased by a number of top clubs. Iroegbunam is further along in his development. KKH has to mature as a defender. 

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

with regard to JWP, its not all about height, but tbh, having "another" 5ft 8/5ft 9 player in our ranks probably isnt the best idea.

I know height/physicality isnt the be all and end all, but we are severely lacking in height/physicality overall and it shows defensively.

im not against signing less physical players, but if we do, we probably need to compensate elsewhere in the team.

note: before someone loses their mind about blah blah "cloggers", you can get technical AND physical players, ideally we need that imo, or at least we need them somewhere if we dont have it in other areas

Mate players and teams are getting bigger, stronger and faster in general.

People who fail to acknowledge that are just lying to themselves.

I've been saying this for a while.

Even the examples they would try to use of peak " Barcelona " or " Man City " don't apply anymore, as they are a very good technical team who are also bigger than us as evidences in our last games.

Exceptional talent like Messi, or little Pitbulls like Emi 2 can still survive but that's now the exception, not the rule IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate players and teams are getting bigger, stronger and faster in general.

People who fail to acknowledge that are just lying to themselves.

I've been saying this for a while.

Even the examples they would try to use of peak " Barcelona " or " Man City " don't apply anymore, as they are a very good technical team who are also bigger than us as evidences in our last games.

Exceptional talent like Messi, or little Pitbulls like Emi 2 can still survive but that's now the exception, not the rule IMO.

spot on mate!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I think the difference is that Tim has already experience in the PL (not a lot for sure but he has a few games under his belt) & he has been consistently playing where as KKH was in and out of the Huddersfield squad / XI... It might be that him getting another loan is best for all parties but he probably would've made the squad in several matches this season for us

I think Tim will certainly be a regular on the bench next season. We had to bring on a CB to play DM with Kamara's injury so hardly overflowing with options there.

However he is a long way from starting 15-20 games at prem level. He was doing well for QPR before hitting the wall after about 20 starts in championship so gives you an indication he's a long way off doing that at prem level. Ramsey was in and around the first team squad for about a year before he was deemed ready to even start four prem matches in a month.

Not sure why we brought KHH back, feels a bit of a waste of six months.

• Like 1

I'm really interested to see where we go this summer. 

I could see us going for a few 25-27yo players going into the final year of their contracts, with an emphasis on making us a bit more robust in defence. 

AWB - £15-20m

Pau Torres - £30m-35m with 1 year left?

Guendouzi - £35m - doesn't match description above but feels nailed on

Thuram - Free

Relegation vulturing could be interesting (as always) this year too: Onana, Salisu, JWP, Gnonto, Sinisterra

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I could see us going for a few 25-27yo players going into the final year of their contracts, with an emphasis on making us a bit more robust in defence. 

AWB - £15-20m

Thuram - Free

Relegation vulturing could be interesting (as always) this year too: Onana, Salisu, JWP, Gnonto, Sinisterra

Is AWB a massively improvement on Cash? I haven’t seen that much of Utd this season so can’t comment but I’d be surprised if we’re not in for a RB/CB as opposed to a RB/RWB.

I think Guendouzi might come in but I’d prefer Otavio instead, older granted but would fit perfectly for that RM slot.

I’m not sure about Torres either, would prefer Schlotterbeck at Dortmund but he’s probably a stretch.

it will be an interesting summer 😎

30 minutes ago, burchy said:

Is AWB a massively improvement on Cash? I haven’t seen that much of Utd this season so can’t comment but I’d be surprised if we’re not in for a RB/CB as opposed to a RB/RWB.

I think Guendouzi might come in but I’d prefer Otavio instead, older granted but would fit perfectly for that RM slot.

I’m not sure about Torres either, would prefer Schlotterbeck at Dortmund but he’s probably a stretch.

it will be an interesting summer 😎

Schlotterbeck is surely Bayern bound, been linked all season after not going there last season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

AWB - £15-20m

Thuram - Free

It will be interesting to see who goes down. I don’t think there is anyone from Bournemouth we’d want but there are some good players at the other clubs. 

JWP, Salisu, KWP, Lavia are all good players at Southampton. Everton have Onana. Adams and Gnonto at Leeds. Palace are in trouble and they have Eze, Olise, Zaha, Guehe. Leicester and West Ham are the other two who I don’t think will drop but Maddison, KDH, Rice etc.

May be some targets there depending on who goes down and cost. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It will be interesting to see who goes down. I don’t think there is anyone from Bournemouth we’d want but there are some good players at the other clubs. 

JWP, Salisu, KWP, Lavia are all good players at Southampton. Everton have Onana. Adams and Gnonto at Leeds. Palace are in trouble and they have Eze, Olise, Zaha, Guehe. Leicester and West Ham are the other two who I don’t think will drop but Maddison, KDH, Rice etc.

Some serious raids if these clubs go down. 

I think it will be Forest, Bournemouth and one more. Probably Southampton.  

It’s nice we have moved away from the teams in the mix as we’re probably on the same level as a few of them.  If we can finish the season strong and above Fulham and Brentford to take us top 10 I reckon that’s excellent progress in Unai’s first season leaving us in a good place to spend in the summer.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

25 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I genuinely wouldn’t want him even if Man City paid us to take him off their hands.

Why buy a player (no matter how good when fit), who is never fit long enough to be worth his salary? We are surely past taking punts like that?

• Thanks 2

In terms of a winger.....Would Solly March, be a good shout, for us.

Every time I see him play for Brighton, he has a significant effect on the team.

I think he is under rated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Zabarnyi from Bournemouth at CB would be a good shout too.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

In terms of a winger.....Would Solly March, be a good shout, for us.

Every time I see him play for Brighton, he has a significant effect on the team.

I think he is under rated.

Probably cost a fortune but yes massively underrated also might not mean much in this day and age but he’s a Brighton academy player and given the transfer policy at Brighton they might value having a local core player at the club.

• Like 1