Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I've been dismissive about the job Cooper has been doing this season, but if they stay up it will have been an incredible job he's done.

He's a good manager. To even get them up was a great feat. You can see why the owners have stuck with him even when things were looking rough. Many other managers would be cut adrift even from Southampton with this team, being unable to get them to gel.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Regardless of who stays there's going to be some seriously crap teams in the league next year. I'm expecting 6-7 to be absolutely woeful 

I agree and i think the championship is going to have some very good ones. Its going to be a wierd season if it goes the way we think

18 hours ago, brommy said:

An interesting format but already out of date by the look of it.

Match day 36 had something like match day 24, 28 and 32 games still to play until a week ago. I guess they took this immediately after matchday 35. Some of those games won't be done after matchday 36 either.

Is a really interesting format though and be good to see how flexible things still are before the last game. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That could be a big point for forest 

I think leeds will beat west ham. West ham have a big game in europe few days before and are safe so can see them losing that one.

I think it will go down to the final day.

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think forest are still going down with leicester

Can see leeds beating west ham

Maybe but Forest have shown a bit of fight, but if there's a three point swing around next week then I would back Leeds to stay up 

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Curtains for Ward-Prowse at Saints. 

He will make Saudicastle all the more formidable. 

He is really not all that. A slightly better at set pieces Conor Hourihane

A.stupid team will pay 30 million for him

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is really not all that. A slightly better at set pieces Conor Hourihane

A.stupid team will pay 30 million for him

Sorry, but this is such a bad take...  JWP is a good footballer that's consistently put up solid numbers for a team that was slowly getting asset stripped over the last 5 years.  I honestly could see him being very good for Man United alongside Casemero in the role Eriksen is playing for them, at West Ham alongside Declan Rice, or at Liverpool if they sign a quality DM.  He would honestly thrive in Douglas Luiz's spot at Villa under Emery's system.  He's going to end up having a great season next year no matter where he ends up and if it's only for 30 million, he'll be considered a bargain signing a year from now.  

Been thinking about who I want to go down and for me, it’s Everton and Leicester. Much as I don’t like Leeds, I’d prefer them to stay up as I don’t think they’ll ever be a threat to us and our progress. Whereas if Leicester and Everton can get their acts together, they’re more likely to be.

Plus it would be interesting/hilarious to see Allardyce rewarded with a three year contract for keeping them up, a feat earned with a last day win over spurs, helping us finish above them. 

Everton in the championship would be fun, it’s a new experience for them and their fans, especially with their massive stadium costs. I think I just want to see another big club go down like we did. 

Leicester have been the most successful side in the midlands (not the proper midlands). Much as I’d like to see Deano succeed, I’d rather see them drop for a spell on the sidelines. Villa are back to regain (and retain) their top-dog status.

I quite like Forest as a club, I’ve never met an idiot Forest fan and they’re a traditional club, that’s won the European cup and have a unique name - like Aston Villa. They were a regular name in the 90’s Premiership era, they’ve suffered a long time out, like Leeds, but haven’t been words removed about it. And as far as I remember, they weren’t relegated after spending ridiculous sums of money trying to buy success with a bent chairman (like Leeds). 

It’s great to watch from the other end of the table, and any combination of Everton, Leicester and Leeds would be fine really. 

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That could be a big point for forest 

I think leeds will beat west ham. West ham have a big game in europe few days before and are safe so can see them losing that one.

West Ham aren't safe at all - especially if they lose against Leeds.

They need a result against Brentford today.