Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

I've had this great idea to make relegation even more interesting. Third bottom club drops to the Championship. Second bottom to League 1. Bottom club to League Two. 

Haven't quite worked out how promotion would work yet, but who cares? 

• Haha 1

Having thought all season that Forest would stay up, I now think they might go. Horrible run-in really and a lot of the strugglers have picked up really unlikely wins.

Genuinely hard to call now!

45 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Having thought all season that Forest would stay up, I now think they might go. Horrible run-in really and a lot of the strugglers have picked up really unlikely wins.

Is Forest run in that hard? Just checked and they still have Southampton and Wolves at home so that could be four points. I don't think it's impossible they could win v Newcastle on Friday if they defend o.k.

Leeds away in a few weeks is a massive six pointer and they've still got Palace aswell which will be a low scoring game.

When you're on 26/27 points you only need two wins and a couple of draws generally although Forest GD is really bad so that negates things.

Three wins and I don't think they'll go down anyway so they need a Bournemouth type win against top half team (Newcastle) and then two wins from their six pointers.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Yes the goal difference of -26 is a good pointer thats they are losing games quite heavily.  Pressure is on them now after some bad results recently. 

53 minutes ago, ender4 said:

35 might be enough, 36 should be safe.

I think 35 is going to be enough this year. I don't think we are going to see any WBA type great escapes on 34 points this year.

I do think GD will be a big factor given how congested it is.

Bournemouth/Forest -26 could see them dragged in vary easily regardless of the odd win.

Southampton already feel down with -21, especially when Leeds are -11 - Leeds however do love to leak goals.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Is Forest run in that hard? Just checked and they still have Southampton and Wolves at home so that could be four points. I don't think it's impossible they could win v Newcastle on Friday if they defend o.k.

Leeds away in a few weeks is a massive six pointer and they've still got Palace aswell which will be a low scoring game.

When you're on 26/27 points you only need two wins and a couple of draws generally although Forest GD is really bad so that negates things.

Three wins and I don't think they'll go down anyway so they need a Bournemouth type win against top half team (Newcastle) and then two wins from their six pointers.

I guess there's a lot of games to go, but Forest have been fairly reliant on home form, where they play Newcastle, Wolves, Man Utd, Brighton, Southampton and Arsenal.  They've really got to target those Wolves and Southampton games as you say.  I don't particularly fancy them away to Leeds, Villa, Liverpool, Brentford, Chelsea or Palace - although that game at the end of the season has the potential to be amazing.

But yeah, will be close either way.  I don't think they're certs to go down at all but I've just got a feeling.  Hope they stay up.

Looked at palace run, I don't think they will fall but having both Brighton and Arse coming up in March. Then April it's interesting, they will play, Leicester, Leeds,  Southampton, Everton, Wolves, and West Ham. 

Edited by HongKongVillan

West Ham got six home games left.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Man. United, Southampton and Leeds.

Based on what I've seen today they'll do well to win two of those.

Surprised so many think they'll ease to safety. They'll be in big danger of going down with ten minutes left of the season imo.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham got six home games left.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Man. United, Southampton and Leeds.

Based on what I've seen today they'll do well to win two of those.

Surprised so many think they'll ease to safety. They'll be in big danger of going down with ten minutes left of the season imo.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

West Ham are well in it.  Said it a couple of times in this thread, but believe it EVEN MORE SO after today.  Just such a nothing side.

their only path to goal today was through corner kicks

Can't remember a relegation battle this hard to call. The only club even close to being very likely to go down are Southampton and even they're only 2 points from safety and can still pull the odd result out of nowhere. Wolves and possibly Palace are the only ones down there I'd bet on with any certainty to stay up.

Just now, Mantis said:

Can't remember a relegation battle this hard to call. The only club even close to being very likely to go down are Southampton and even they're only 2 points from safety and can still pull the odd result out of nowhere. Wolves and possibly Palace are the only ones down there I'd bet on with any certainty to stay up.

Southampton got likes of Brentford, Fulham and Bournemouth at home still to play so I can honestly see them pulling out 3-4 wins in the run in. Only conceded one goal in 4 games under this caretaker.

Bit like Everton, if they go down it will be due to the terrible run under Nathan Jones as either side of that they've generally been o.k.

amazing that after 26 games, no team is cut adrift at the bottom, only 5 points separates 12th to 20th, and literally any of the bottom 9 teams could get dragged in to it.

wacky, i dont remember the bottom of the table being this tight.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

amazing that after 26 games, no team is cut adrift at the bottom, only 5 points separates 12th to 20th, and literally any of the bottom 9 teams could get dragged in to it.

wacky, i dont remember the bottom of the table being this tight.

2010/11 springs to mind. That season was absolutely nuts.

• Thanks 1