Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont think they were ever on relegation trouble tbh same with leicester

Since they brought in Lopetegui - they’ve had it together, not always in spectacular fashion, but that’s not the most important thing when you’re down there.

They were bang in trouble before then though. If they’d kept Lange just a month longer I think they’d be bottom.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Since they brought in Lopetegui - they’ve had it together, not always in spectacular fashion, but that’s not the most important thing when you’re down there.

They were bang in trouble before then though. If they’d kept Lange just a month longer I think they’d be bottom.

Yes he looks a lot better than lange. We were linked with lange at one piunt. We dodged a bullet there

• Like 1

Looks horrific down there, so glad we are not in the mix. Feels like every team below us, including Palace and Wolves are still candidates to go down.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sne said:

Looks horrific down there, so glad we are not in the mix. Feels like every team below us, including Palace and Wolves are still candidates to go down.

Yeah, the bottom teams have started picking up wins and dragging the others into it. Would be huge if Southampton hold on here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

is Saints hold out versus Leicester, how tight is this?

image.png.5987e45cabcd8cc7826d6ef2c803b1c8.png

Wolves on 27 with 26 played. Them and Palace are not out of it yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Wolves on 27 with 26 played. Them and Palace are not out of it yet.

i dunno, i really think Wolves and Palace have a little too much, and are just far enough away to not be relegated......

You never know though.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

i dunno, i really think Wolves and Palace have a little too much, and are just far enough away to not be relegated......

You never know though.

Yeah there are certainly teams who are worse off. Nottingham Everton tomorrow is huge.

• Like 2

Easy to say after losing 4-0 and of course I am tempting fate here…but West Ham are a bit shitter than I realised. 

I think I’ve clocked the odd reasonably good result they’ve had recently (Forest 4-0, Everton 2-0, drawing with Newcastle and Chelsea) and my mind has exaggerated this as generally OK form. 

Those results mentioned above, along with a draw against Leeds are their only points from their past 13 games. Obviously I’m aware they’ve been in the bottom quarter for a while, but I guess I thought their results were more middling draws than it actually has been.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Palace the worst team in the division right now, are well in it

their last 5 home games are something like southampton, bournemouth, everton, west ham and leeds

they'll be ok but they'll sneak into the bottom 3 at some point

3 from the current bottom 4 will go IMO. though an everton win tomorrow would make me worry for forest

leicester and west ham will be ok

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Palace the worst team in the division right now, are well in it

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

their last 5 home games are something like southampton, bournemouth, everton, west ham and leeds

they'll be ok but they'll sneak into the bottom 3 at some point

3 from the current bottom 4 will go IMO. though an everton win tomorrow would make me worry for forest

leicester and west ham will be ok

Palace’s next three - Man City (h), Brighton (a), Arsenal (a)

IBH.gif

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

57 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Easy to say after losing 4-0 and of course I am tempting fate here…but West Ham are a bit shitter than I realised. 

I think I’ve clocked the odd reasonably good result they’ve had recently (Forest 4-0, Everton 2-0, drawing with Newcastle and Chelsea) and my mind has exaggerated this as generally OK form. 

Those results mentioned above, along with a draw against Leeds are their only points from their past 13 games. Obviously I’m aware they’ve been in the bottom quarter for a while, but I guess I thought their results were more middling draws than it actually has been.

Guess who they’ll play next? 😂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Said it a couple of pages back, but they’re such a nothing side. Their win against Forest was huge (although Forest not great away from home), but they don’t score enough goals at all. They’re still well in it. 

• Like 1