Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Southampton look like they’re circling the drain. 

I suspect Bournemouth will go too.

For me it’s between Everton and Leeds. 

Wolves and West Ham will have a few scares between now and May but I think they’ll have enough. West Ham will pull out a result here and there and Wolves will 0-0 their way to safety. And even though it’s not like they’re in the clear, it just doesn’t feel like Forest and Leicester will go.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Southampton look like they’re circling the drain. 

I suspect Bournemouth will go too.

For me it’s between Everton and Leeds. 

Saints and Bournemouth are already gone in my book. Then its Forest, Leeds or Everton to go down and I think it will be Leeds to go.

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Saints and Bournemouth are already gone in my book. Then its Forest, Leeds or Everton to go down and I think it will be Leeds to go.

I’m about 90-95% on Southampton. 

Bournemouth, I’m currently more like 75-80%. I don’t think they’re good, but there’s a fair few six pointers they have left which makes me a bit less convinced. They still have Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, Leeds and Everton. And by the time they play Palace, they may well be on the beach. 

I keep flip flopping between Leeds and Everton for the third spot.

I somehow can't picture Everton going down, possibly in a similar way to how non-Villa fans may have thought of us in the seasons until we absolutely stank the league out. They aren't as bad as were, so I just can't see it in my minds eye.

Southampton look absolutely done -  they seem to be shot to pieces. Bournemouth don't seem to have the quality and have an inexperienced manager, so I can't see beyond relegation for both teams.

West Ham and Wolves will bore their way to safety - 1-0's, 0-0's upon demand. Leicesters defence is atrocious, but they've usually got goals in them so should have enough to get 2 or 3 wins.

Leeds are rubbish but I have a feeling they may sneak some tight wins too, which I think leaves Forest, who struggle to score goals (18) and have the 2nd worst defence, which is a bad combination. Home form/support might keep them up, but I've a bad feeling about them 

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

I somehow can't picture Everton going down, possibly in a similar way to how non-Villa fans may have thought of us in the seasons until we absolutely stank the league out. They aren't as bad as were, so I just can't see it in my minds eye.

Southampton look absolutely done -  they seem to be shot to pieces. Bournemouth don't seem to have the quality and have an inexperienced manager, so I can't see beyond relegation for both teams.

West Ham and Wolves will bore their way to safety - 1-0's, 0-0's upon demand. Leicesters defence is atrocious, but they've usually got goals in them so should have enough to get 2 or 3 wins.

Leeds are rubbish but I have a feeling they may sneak some tight wins too, which I think leaves Forest, who struggle to score goals (18) and have the 2nd worst defence, which is a bad combination. Home form/support might keep them up, but I've a bad feeling about them 

I think Forest will keep dropping. Serves them right for not buying the man that got them promoted (Davis).

Saints have accepted relegation in my opinion and will appoint someone to get them back up at 1st hurdle like burnley have.

Bournemouth forget about it 

Its between leeds everton and forest. I think it will be forest

2 hours ago, Villa87 said:

I think Everton are done. No goals in that team. Southampton and Bournemouth will follow. Think Forest and Leeds will just about to enough. 

That's a common theme with the teams down there. A lack of goals being scored.

Everton, Forest struggle to score. So do Wolves.

Southampton and Bournemouth look doomed.

There is always one team that seems to pull some results out of nowhere and climb to safety.

I can see Everton scraping a few 1 nil wins at home with Dyche in charge. If they score first they will do what Dyche's teams do and park the bus.

I would love to see the dogheads get dragged down there. They are similar to Leeds. For all the huff and puff. They struggle to put the ball in the net.

West Ham will pull away now Ings is there. Leicester score enough to win matches and Palace eke out enough draws.

Latest odds have Southampton and Bournemouth as certs and then Everton, Leeds, Forest and the Dogheads next.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Yes but that would be mean Leeds survive… such tough tough choices 😉

In an ideal world it'd be Leeds, Everton and West Ham, but there's no way both Bournemouth and Southampton are escaping the drop.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

In an ideal world it'd be Leeds, Everton and West Ham, but there's no way both Bournemouth and Southampton are escaping the drop.

That would be best but wont happen. Bournemouth are done after today taht result will kill them. Southampton are hopeless.

Im thinking palace could be in trouble

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That would be best but wont happen. Bournemouth are done after today taht result will kill them. Southampton are hopeless.

Palace will be fine - they'll limp over the line like Southampton did last season (or like we did in 2013/14 under Lambert).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

All they have to do really is beat Everton and Bournemouth at home in the run in. That's 33 points and they can just draw another 3-4 on top.

They're a poor team but as said similar to what we looked like under Lambert.