Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leeds and Everton huge games today, be heartbreaking if both went down 😛  

Out of the two would prefer Dirty Leedszzz gone.

Would like Custard Bowl Nobbers to go over both of them though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leeds and Everton huge games today, be heartbreaking if both went down 😛  

Just checked who West Ham had and then realised.....😂

West Ham remain in big trouble imo....still in europe, terrible away form and if they don't beat us they still have all of Man. United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle to play at Olympic stadium so bit of a gamble to be pinning staying up on home form.

Leeds, Everton and West Ham all in the championship next season is still a possibility....

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

They'll still go down. Good win tho.

Tough run in but West Ham and Leeds at home and Southampton away will decide things imo. 7 points from those and they'll be into 30s and could just need one more shock win to stay up.

Everton away on final day aswell which may be a dead game for them.

Very good record v us so could quite easily come to VP and low block us to death and get a point.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Tough run in but West Ham and Leeds at home and Southampton away will decide things imo. 7 points from those and they'll be into 30s and could just need one more shock win to stay up.

Everton away on final day aswell which may be a dead game for them.

Very good record v us so could quite easily come to VP and low block us to death and get a point.

I think they may be in the bottom 3 still after this weekend. 

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We want Everton to win.

You're right, so we can catch Brentford. But I have mixed feelings for this one as I'd like both us to catch Brentford and the drama of Everton in the relegation places, which is a bit greedy of me! 

• Like 1

Can you feel ambivalent and conflicted at the same time? 

If so, the prospect of Everton being relegated provokes it for me.

The novelty of seeing a club that size in the championship, having been in the top flight for so long intrigues me. Plus there’s an element of they’ve had it coming.

But we have such a good record against them since coming back. It’s four, often six points from them. Don’t want to lose that.

Edit - the ambivalence is also that there are a few teams down there that I dislike more.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Can you feel ambivalent and conflicted at the same time? 

If so, the prospect of Everton being relegated provokes it for me.

The novelty of seeing a club that size in the championship, having been in the top flight for so long intrigues me. Plus there’s an element of they’ve had it coming.

But we have such a good record against them since coming back. It’s four, often six points from them. Don’t want to lose that.

Edit - the ambivalence is also that there are a few teams down there that I dislike more.

I do totally get that. And whilst I do have a soft spot for them and for how badly they run, I'd be curious to see how they'd handle it. 

Leeds relegated however would give me the most satisfaction. 

• Like 4

Not including our great escape first season back in the PL, this is the most exciting relegation battle I can remember for some years. And one that we can enjoy as we're not part of it!  : >  And with still more than ten games to go, intriguing.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Imagine if Southampton were to win at Old Trafford tomorrow.

There would be nine teams covered by three points with a dozen games to play.

Southampton got Brentford at home midweek so win that instead please.

• Like 3