Jhon Durán

PieFacE

On 24/01/2023 at 12:31, Sulberto21 said:

Whilst I warmed to JPA I never thought he was great. I thought he was a good player but underachieved more often than not. He had two good seasons but the rest were below average imo.

He's our third highest goalscorer in the Premier League era. Tough crowd. 

• Like 2

On 25/01/2023 at 12:05, KMitch said:

Everyone needs to remember a few things about Duran:

1. MLS is in the middle of their offseason right now and he most likely isn't match fit
  2. MLS to the Premier League is like going from League 1 to the Prem, the pace is ridiculously fast and will take a while to adapt to
  3. He's only 19...  If he doesn't come off the bench and start banging in goals like Haaland doesn't mean he's a flop
  4. It'll most likely take at least a full season under Emery and in England for him to get adjusted to the country, the style of football, and the pace of the Prem

dont-care-how-i-want-it-now-willy-wonka-

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Impressive until you realise Gabby is number 1 🤣

Joking aside, loved JPA. 

Edited by av1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And as with Gabby, he's only that high up the list because our better players were bought from us before they could break the records. I like JPA, he's a decent bloke, and his ongoing affection for us is lovely, but it speaks volumes that our 4th highest PL goalscorer (3rd in all competitions) left us with a goalscoring rate of 1 in 4

6 and a half seasons, our record signing, and he only broke double figures in all competitions twice. 

Edited by Davkaus

8 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

So now we know for sure who our forward options are until the end of the season, how much game time do people see Duran getting? Do people see him just as a bench option or does anyone think he'll be starting many games any time soon? 

More than Emery planned for I would guess.

Said he would be "stupid" to have him starting games at 19 coming over from the MLS. We could end up needing him pretty soon!

Exciting times for the lad.

Wonder if we have a recall on Archer.

37 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

So now we know for sure who our forward options are until the end of the season, how much game time do people see Duran getting? Do people see him just as a bench option or does anyone think he'll be starting many games any time soon? 

According to Preece (I know), "he has made quite the impression down at Bodymoor Heath", so yes I expect he will be starting soon.

2 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Based on absolutely nothing, I have a sneaky feeling he might be straight in. Could he replace Bailey and start alongside Watkins? Or does that leave us with no 'striker' option from the bench? 

We don't really play 442 though. Bailey drops to wing Ash doesn't commit forward and we're more adventurous on the left

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

According to Preece (I know), "he has made quite the impression down at Bodymoor Heath", so yes I expect he will be starting soon.

This may explain why we never signed a player to replace Ings, fingers crossed this kid can pull it out of the hat for us . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Based on absolutely nothing, I have a sneaky feeling he might be straight in. Could he replace Bailey and start alongside Watkins? Or does that leave us with no 'striker' option from the bench? 

I doubt it he has played hardly any competitive games since October due to the MLS offseason.

Edited by AshVilla

I think the current situation will suit him down to the ground - he gets to come into the English game as an impact substitute but know there will be starting opportunities if there's an injury or a suspension - if he gets the same sort of time off the bench as Ings did, it'll be perfect for him.

• Like 1

Â