The Last of Us (Warning: spoilers for most recent episode openly discussed!!)

Stevo985

16 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The tv adaption I’m waiting for is Bioshock…

Is this a Netflix film? It has potential to be good, as would a decent adaptation of Atlas Shrugged to explore Rand's ideas a bit more. 

The sets for Fallout (Amazon I think?) do look great and at the very least should capture the style of those games. 

On 27/02/2023 at 07:59, sne said:

That the Stranger Things mall or do they all look the same?

On reddit one of the set designers said that it was an abandoned mall in Calgary. They seemed to have great fun half bringing it back to life and apparently there was a lot of skateboarding involved. 

It was only a one-storey mall, so the ceiling was painted blue so they could CGI upper levels.

• Like 2

On 27/02/2023 at 20:43, Stevo985 said:

Great episode. Again. I didn’t play the DLC so I thought that was all made for the show. I might have to find a way to play it now 

I downloaded the DLC for free on PS3 from Playstation Store last week. Some of it is bloody hard!!

• Like 1

I felt that one episode was too short to introduce and kill David. Too much of a complex character - so for the first time it seemed rushed to me.

Still some wonderful things in the episode though, especially Elle going ape shit on him at the end.

8/10

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Good episode but could have done with being 10 minutes longer

Yep, I wouldn’t have minded another 10 mins of that, ‘cause it was absolutely terrific (again.) 

Bella Ramsey is just an absolute juggernaut of an actor.

• Like 2

Yeah fantastic stuff. Was almost in tears at the end.

My only complaint, and it's a tiny one, was I felt Joel's recovery was slightly too quick to be believable. I know he's still struggling at the end but to go from essentially unconscious to being a **** badass was slightly unbelievable.

But I'm really nitpicking

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My only complaint, and it's a tiny one, was I felt Joel's recovery was slightly too quick to be believable. I know he's still struggling at the end but to go from essentially unconscious to being a **** badass was slightly unbelievable.

I was at peace with that because he only had to take out 3 starved goons, then torture 2 of them while they were strapped to chairs. Ellie did the rest. My little niggle, and there is always one - I think Ellie could have got under the cage door, sure did seem like a big gap when the food was slid through. Niggle 2 - where on earth was everyone else in that town?!! The diner/temple is on fire and nobody notices. 

• Like 3

Great moment that you knew was coming where the camera is on the mook looking for Joel and then you just see Joel's hands appear either side of him with a knife in one hand. Classic video game silent takedown 

Â