The Last of Us (Warning: spoilers for most recent episode openly discussed!!)

Stevo985

My missus will like that episode I think, she's 4 episodes in and I asked her what she thought and her main questions were who are the fireflies because that's not explained very well followed by who are fedra

Even I responded with they're a real American government agency thing but looking it up they're not, that's fema

Not as subtle as its been previously bit still some of the glances and nods and winks that Bella Ramsey gave throughout to drive where the story was going, acting without words, was brilliant, really well done, made me want to go back to the DLC, only played it once

I do think I'd rather what comes next was longer but we'll see

16 hours ago, Risso said:

Ummmm, I thought it was a bit dull until the last 5 minutes, the first one I haven't really enjoyed.

I think it could have been shorter, or maybe something in the middle to break it up.

Like if the flashback to the mall had been done in two halves with something in the present happening in the middle maybe it would have worked better.

Was disappointed they only half did the "Left Behind" stuff. In the game you've got two "mall" story lines happening at the same time while she looks for medication for Joel while remembering the last time she was in a mall with Riley. We only got the Riley stuff in the show which is kind of disappointing but I get with time constraints they left in the stuff they regarded as the more relevant to the characters.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it could have been shorter, or maybe something in the middle to break it up.

Like if the flashback to the mall had been done in two halves with something in the present happening in the middle maybe it would have worked better.

Yeah I’d agree, I actually thought it was probably the weakest episode to date sadly, not bad but not in keeping with the pace and ferocity of the rest of the series and it failed to scale the emotional heights of episode 3.

Definitely some good value in showcasing her backstory and the origin of the bite but it could have been done better.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah I’d agree, I actually thought it was probably the weakest episode to date sadly, not bad but not in keeping with the pace and ferocity of the rest of the series and it failed to scale the emotional heights of episode 3.

Definitely some good value in showcasing her backstory and the origin of the bite but it could have been done better.

Yeah it definitely didn't reach the heights of episode 3 in what was a similar episode really, but like you said it did add a lot to the story. 

Showed Ellie's sexuality, it showed how she has lost someone very close to her (contrary to what Joel said), it connected Joel and Riley for Ellie which massively builds on her relationship with Joel.

It also showed, I assume, that she had to kill Riley herself when she turned. She said to Joel previously that the guy she killed to save him wasn't the first person she's killed.

So a LOT of stuff happened to progress her character.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it definitely didn't reach the heights of episode 3 in what was a similar episode really, but like you said it did add a lot to the story. 

Showed Ellie's sexuality, it showed how she has lost someone very close to her (contrary to what Joel said), it connected Joel and Riley for Ellie which massively builds on her relationship with Joel.

It also showed, I assume, that she had to kill Riley herself when she turned. She said to Joel previously that the guy she killed to save him wasn't the first person she's killed.

So a LOT of stuff happened to progress her character.

Yeah, i was kinda assuming we’d see it continue into the next episode in terms of what happens/happened next after they were both bitten, perhaps we’ll just be left to imagine it or it’ll be referenced verbally in the present timeline.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah, i was kinda assuming we’d see it continue into the next episode in terms of what happens/happened next after they were both bitten, perhaps we’ll just be left to imagine it or it’ll be referenced verbally in the present timeline.

Very small game spoiler

Spoiler

I don't believe it was shown or revealed in the game

so they may well leave it hanging

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Very small game spoiler

Hide contents

I don't believe it was shown or revealed in the game

so they may well leave it hanging

Spoiler

I also think that based on what they need to get in next episode there won’t be time. 

22 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

That was my favourite episode since 3.

Brilliant.

Same here. I would struggle to find a misstep. I love this show more than anything I’ve watched in a while. 
I also love working through the hbo podcast too. Adds so much to the show to hear how they pulled it all together. Thanks to whoever it was that recommended it in here. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

That was my favourite episode since 3.

Brilliant.

One of my favorites so far too. The mall lights coming on was magnificent and the kids had great teenage sexual tension.

I'm not sure what the whiners are on about - I mean, lesbian kissing lads!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â