The Last of Us (Warning: spoilers for most recent episode openly discussed!!)

Stevo985

• 2 weeks later...

And finished.

A bit late, had a delay in our being able to watch it.

It's a very very good adaptation of the game, but suffers a little for the pacing of things. In there there's some absolutely brilliant moments of TV though. Probably needed another episode, after episode 8 or before 6.

• 1 month later...

Just finished it. Not played the game but really enjoyed the show. 

I’m praying they don’t do that thing where they make a great 2-3 season show into 12 seasons 🙏 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Genie said:

Just finished it. Not played the game but really enjoyed the show. 

I’m praying they don’t do that thing where they make a great 2-3 season show into 12 seasons 🙏 

I don’t think they will. They’ve confirmed the second game will be more than one season, which is fair because there’s a lot more to the story in that game. 

But after that they have no source material so I guess it will depend on whether they want to keep it going. 

Like you said I hope they don’t. 3 seasons would probably be perfect

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, El Zen said:

An old classmate of mine did visual effects on this and it seems he’s gone and won himself an Emmy. 

I mean, in terms of professional recognition, it’s not quite your teacher of the year runner up for 2015 at a Greater Oslo area middle school level, but it’s something.

I'm sure the official HBO podcast* talked about the visual effects and kind of said they were lucky because there's obviously a good gaming community within that industry and a lot of people wanted to work on it while at the same time they had the support of HBO, the industry at large is stretched because TV is taking numbers out of films but they got a massive draw 

*the podcast was good

• Like 1

Â