Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

2 hours ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Hi all, I'm a Marseilles' fan on a visit to see what's so nice here that everybody wants to play for you. Pardon my English if I make mistakes.

Why would Sanson be the key? If Villa gets more money for him, you can pay more for Guendouz', is this what you mean ? 

I think that's a really good effort on the English AP, but my son might be a harsher critic, as he teaches French;)

I think the Sanson being the key thing, might be a suggestion that you might like him as a part of any deal, but I doubt that would actually be key to a deal happening myself. I think it is the fact that our manager and the player have worked together before, that would make the prospect of a deal happening more likely. They also appear to have respect for each other and would not appear to be adverse to working together again. 

I think a lot of players have a desire to play in the PL and they are well paid for doing so. Villa have wealthy owners and are aiming to become a force once again in the English top flight and to play regularly in Europe. We already have some quality players including a World Cup winner and are looking to build upon our squad. I guess players see this and are willing to join us and become part of that. 

We are a club with a glorious history which includes having been FA Cup winners, League Cup winners, League Champions and European Champions in 1982. Since the Premier League began we have twice been runner's up and have often finished in the top half of the table. We are hoping that we are on the verge of big things happening again. Best wishes to Marseilles and to yourself. :flag:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sne said:

With the hair of Ronnie James Dio

Sneaking back into the dressing room after everyone's gone home, moving himself further up the pitch on the tactics whiteboard.  That's why he left Arsenal.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I think this guy would be huge for us. Like transformative huge. The midfielder that makes everything else happen. When we look back in ten years he'll have been one of the most important signings we made. Right, that's me off the fence and a post that will definitely never come back to bite me.

Is that Kamara at the same time though?

He has always shown talent, but he was also a big part of the Arsenal team I use to laugh at. His attitude is questionable in my opinion but if Unai wants him then I would assume that he believes he can get the best out of him.

He would definitely add some spice to our midfield which I wouldn't be against at all. At his best he gets about the pitch and can impose himself into a match.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Absolutely.

Yeah, worked pretty well for Marseille who finished 2nd in the table and reached the semi-finals in the Conference League playing those 2. They must have played close to 50 games next to each other last season.

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Christ now there’s a thought. Imagine if Robbie Savage was actually good. I’m not sure I’d have been able to bear that. 

If he was good, he would've played for us instead of them...

1 hour ago, John said:

I think that's a really good effort on the English AP, but my son might be a harsher critic, as he teaches French;)

I think the Sanson being the key thing, might be a suggestion that you might like him as a part of any deal, but I doubt that would actually be key to a deal happening myself. I think it is the fact that our manager and the player have worked together before, that would make the prospect of a deal happening more likely. They also appear to have respect for each other and would not appear to be adverse to working together again. 

I think a lot of players have a desire to play in the PL and they are well paid for doing so. Villa have wealthy owners and are aiming to become a force once again in the English top flight and to play regularly in Europe. We already have some quality players including a World Cup winner and are looking to build upon our squad. I guess players see this and are willing to join us and become part of that. 

We are a club with a glorious history which includes having been FA Cup winners, League Cup winners, League Champions and European Champions in 1982. Since the Premier League began we have twice been runner's up and have often finished in the top half of the table. We are hoping that we are on the verge of big things happening again. Best wishes to Marseilles and to yourself. :flag:

People don’t want to play for us because of our nice history.

They want to play for us because we are willing to pay them truckloads of money.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Why?

Because he wanted to stay with Villareal for the Champions League season. He turned down Newcastle for that reason. We were in a similar situation down just above relegation when Deano was sacked

18 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Didn’t he say that on his day he was world class? 😂

Yes and that’s exactly why Dion dropped the nut on him. There’s a limit to how much crap one man can talk without some form of punishment. I’m all for free speach but come on. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes and that’s exactly why Dion dropped the nut on him. There’s a limit to how much crap one man can talk without some form of punishment. I’m all for free speach but come on. 

The day Dion etched his name into Villa folklore and legendary status. That game had the most poisonous venomous atmosphere of any game I've been to. Y t unbelievably the rocket polishers at sky still wank over the cockney, manc and plop derby. They even reel out the f**kin Manure v Leeds as a derby ahead of us and the sty dwellers!?

• Like 1

Â