Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

8 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Not sure who this 'journo' is but thought would post anyway...

270 followers, I’m not buying it…trying to do a Lyric by posting something early in the hopes of gaining a following.  They post the obvious, the most likely thing to happen but then claim ITK when it happens.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Doubt he'd go through all the trouble of making that immaculate Photoshop unless he knew what he was talking about.

Welcome to Villa Matteo!

Although he did manage to spell his name wrong...

and pinched the photo from somebody else…

51 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Hi all, I'm a Marseilles' fan on a visit to see what's so nice here that everybody wants to play for you. Pardon my English if I make mistakes.

Why would Sanson be the key? If Villa gets more money for him, you can pay more for Guendouz', is this what you mean ? 

Bonjour,
Bienvenue au club
Mange-tout

Sanson pas installé ici et toujours blessé
Désolé d'avoir volé vos joueurs
évaluez-vous Matteo Guendouzi ?

L'amour de Villa

59 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Hi all, I'm a Marseilles' fan on a visit to see what's so nice here that everybody wants to play for you. Pardon my English if I make mistakes.

Why would Sanson be the key? If Villa gets more money for him, you can pay more for Guendouz', is this what you mean ? 

Hello AP, Welcome to VillaTalk. For me the reason players want to come here in the main is the potential and ambition of Aston Villa. Historically one of the big 6 clubs in England (Although over the last 20 to 30 years you would never know it due to in the main to a very stubborn owner who took over the Champions of Europe and ran us like a corner shop for 35 years!!). Indeed if you look at English football history up until the two World wars, Aston Villa was really right up there as one of the main clubs (1874 - 1920 especially). Even to this day, despite the mediocrity of the last decade or two, we are one of the most successful teams trophy wise in England. So I guess what I am saying is the potential is & always has been there. The fan base is huge too (especially considering the lack of recent trophies). I think the reason a lot of overseas fans don't recognise Villa as a big club is simply that most of our success was prior to the massive global growth which the formation of the Premier League brought about with Sky Sports etc then just banging the Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal drum initially & then of course the big money clubs like Chelsea & Man CIty. Villa kind of missed out on this global promotion bandwagon so our name kind of got left behind in the doldrums of time so to speak. Loads of young fans over here even are clueless as to the real size & potential of this club as all they have ever seen is the Sky Sports & general media hype about the same 6 clubs on repeat for 30 years!!

Our new owners however are very knowledgeable sporting wise, wealthy and very ambitious. Coupled with the fantastic expansion of the stadium, surrounding area & infastrucure which planning permission has already been granted for the Villa "project" is very exciting.  The ground expansion starts later this year and will  take Villa Park from 42k to 50+k in stage one & then to over 60k in stage two. There is also a huge 20k+ waiting list for season tickets (which sell out every season) so those extra seats are pretty much already full too. Not bad I would suggest for a club which has stalled somewhat since the 90's.

Overall it is very exciting times for this club and with our new top notch coach (Emery) to sort out the playing side all the ingredients are in place which is what is so appealing to players I believe. 

Of course the money comes into it too but to attract the elite players I believe you really do need to have an exciting future too. I belive Aston Villa has just that. We shocked Europe once before (I was there in Rotterdam 1982) and I believe many global fans who simply don't take us seriously will be shocked over the coming years at the rise of this great club. At least that's what I hope ;) .

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Bonjour,
Bienvenue au club
Mange-tout

Sanson pas installé ici et toujours blessé
Désolé d'avoir volé vos joueurs
évaluez-vous Matteo Guendouzi ?

L'amour de Villa

I always thought "Ecuador" was the better Sash! tune, personally.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

I always though "Ecuador" was the better Sash! tune, personally.

We never did get around to doing any Sanson chant based on Ca plane pour moi and Plastic Bertrand did we? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

We never did get around to doing any Sanson chant based on Ca plane pour moi and Plastic Bertrand did we? 

To be fair, chanting "everything's going well for me" at someone like Sanson would seem somewhat cruel.

• Haha 2

I also think Guendouzi would be a great signing at Villa, his energy and better passing statistics are greatly needed. Eye for an assist too, always looking to be positive.

Seem to remember he was a player the opposition seemed to dislike too, he gets around the pitch quickly, has a little bit of gamesmanship about him and the dark arts. Villa need this type of player.

I'd be very happy if we could get him. He's the kind of player you hate to play against. Obviously he's a good passer and has nice technique but he also brings a great engine, mobility and tenacity. He's one of those annoying guys you could maybe dribble past or pass around but then in the next situation he's right back there in the way.

• Like 1

Â