Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

7 hours ago, HKP90 said:

So is the bit that says 'if we can do it we can add more players'. Looks like a sell to buy situation.

Our wage bill must be pretty crazy if some of those figures leaked the other day are true. Digne on close to 200k a week and he's probably going to revert to back up very shortly.

We need to be qualifying for europe with what we're paying 3/4 of the squad and we're a fair bit off that currently.

We struggle to offload players on 40/50k range so not going to be easy. Guendouzi would certainly be asking for 70/80k.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Our wage bill must be pretty crazy if some of those figures leaked the other day are true. Digne on close to 200k a week and he's probably going to revert to back up very shortly.

We need to be qualifying for europe with what we're paying 3/4 of the squad and we're a fair bit off that currently.

We struggle to offload players on 40/50k range so not going to be easy. Guendouzi would certainly be asking for 70/80k.

Same as Olsen. Wrap your head around that one.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Same as Olsen. Wrap your head around that one.

Knowing Everton they were probably paying Olsen 100k a week so he took a paycut to join us.

Says it all likes of Nakamba and Gulibert are probably two of our lowest paid senior guys in 20 man squad and many transfer windows pass and they're both still here.

In last year we've added Kamara on 100k +, Luiz new contract probably puts him close to that, Dendoncker it seems is 80-90k based on what he was getting at Wolves. Ramsey's next contract will probably put him in that bracket given his potential so Guendouzi isn't going to be asking for 50-60k unless his agent has a massive knock on his head.

5 senior CMs potentially in the 80-100k bracket. Suddenly McGinn with two years left on his deal looks very vulnerable I think. Him, Sanson and Nakamba leaving in summer and midfield wage bill will come down by 150k and it's needed. Double that if you include Coutinho in the options and we move him on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeterSw said:

Personally think it makes sense to have a one in, one out strategy. Means the squad isn't bloated and also fairer for the outgoing players themselves - beats wasting away in the reserves/under23s etc.

Guilbert says no.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Knowing Everton they were probably paying Olsen 100k a week so he took a paycut to join us.

Says it all likes of Nakamba and Gulibert are probably two of our lowest paid senior guys in 20 man squad and many transfer windows pass and they're both still here.

In last year we've added Kamara on 100k +, Luiz new contract probably puts him close to that, Dendoncker it seems is 80-90k based on what he was getting at Wolves. Ramsey's next contract will probably put him in that bracket given his potential so Guendouzi isn't going to be asking for 50-60k unless his agent has a massive knock on his head.

5 senior CMs potentially in the 80-100k bracket. Suddenly McGinn with two years left on his deal looks very vulnerable I think. Him, Sanson and Nakamba leaving in summer and midfield wage bill will come down by 150k and it's needed. Double that if you include Coutinho in the options and we move him on.

That's the sad state of the Premier League now. The only teams who can afford our deadweight are the other Prem clubs  and maybe a dozen others across Europe. If they aren't good enough for us, who is going to give them a salary bump to come to them?  Unless someone plays well for us, we won't get what we paid for them back and will have to eat the cost. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Hi all, I'm a Marseilles' fan on a visit to see what's so nice here that everybody wants to play for you. Pardon my English if I make mistakes.

Why would Sanson be the key? If Villa gets more money for him, you can pay more for Guendouz', is this what you mean ? 

Welcome!

I think they mean offering Sanson to Marseille as part of the deal.

What are the media in France saying?  Do they think a deal for Guendouzi to Villa looks likely?

4 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Hi all, I'm a Marseilles' fan on a visit to see what's so nice here that everybody wants to play for you. Pardon my English if I make mistakes.

Why would Sanson be the key? If Villa gets more money for him, you can pay more for Guendouz', is this what you mean ? 

I don’t know if you’re interested in Sanson, I just thought it might be a good deal for both parties. 

6 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Welcome AP.

I think that Unai Emery is why we might be attractive to some foreign players who may not be so familiar with our history.. Once they get here they'll see that our fans and stadium are that of a big club with significant heritage. 

9 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

I think a combination of money,  the Premier League factor, and some very convincing owners with a lot of wealth and huge visions for the club are selling us to the footballers that can't quite convince an English champions league club to come in for them.  Not to mention Unai Emery.

They're probably also told that if we don't make Europe in a few years ourselves, they'll be free to move to one of them, and we wouldn't block their exits. In the mean time, they'll have learnt the English game, made themselves a more attractive proposition  and made more money in doing so.

As said above, if Marseille want Sanson back, or if we can sell him elsewhere, it would open a slot for Guendouzi. I don't think we need to sell him to have the money.

Edited by MrBlack

Â