Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

48 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

People don’t want to play for us because of our nice history.

They want to play for us because we are willing to pay them truckloads of money.

This. We’re a bottom half PL side paying players wages befitting of a club in Europe (or very nearly at least). 

I doubt the likes of Digne, Coutinho and Ings came here because they were excited to play for Aston Villa..

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Is there any urgency surrounding this one, if we are indeed interested? Are other clubs sniffing around, or do we really even need to Guendouzi right now?

Gonna be very interesting to see people’s responses to this after tonight’s game.

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The question that we do not know the answer to is whether Guendouzi would take Luiz, JJ or Buendias place in the team if he joined. 

Which is a good potential puzzle  to have .

It is a puzzle. I must admit I didn’t pay that much attention to him when he was at Arsenal, so not fully clued up on his main skill set. I personally thought he played the same role as Kamara… so didn’t think Buendia or JJ would be impacted by his potential arrival. Luiz on the other hand….

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The question that we do not know the answer to is whether Guendouzi would take Luiz, JJ or Buendias place in the team if he joined. 

Which is a good potential puzzle  to have .

Quite an easy one to solve. Buendia. He offers nothing 

23 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

If his cat is Schrodinger's midfielder, we should just sign the cat. A midfielder that can be in both penalty areas simultaneously is not to be sniffed at.

Indeed the cat could be a fine goal keeper. 

• Like 1

Â