• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Totally agree, and even if we limped through which looked like it was going to happen, Stoke would have bullied us into submission no doubt!

We would have definitely lost to stoke of we played that terribly without question

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Bradford. Bradford was worse. 

Hmmm, I’m still annoyed about this evening’s game so I can’t decide for certain. It’s obviously too fresh in the mind.

The manner of the defeat today feels worse. Bradford was prolonged over two legs, it didn’t really feel like we were in the driving seat. Tonight was that sucker punch feeling where it has been thrown away at the death.

Edit - plus at the time of Bradford, I kinda knew we were shit. I’m generally feeling positive about the club at the moment, so today was more of a shocker.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Why wasn't Cash getting forward, he was next to useless against a team of amateurs - surely he could see Bailey was struggling

It must be an instruction, but it just causes Bailey more problems as he had no support. Augustinsson was actually holding a much higher position but again he just went backwards to Coutinho and had nobody advanced of him. 

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Coutinho, Dendoncker, chambers, Olsen, Augustinson, Bednarek, Sanson all second string players. And Bailey should be one

I think you might want to reconsider your opinion of Sanson - one of the few to emerge with credit in the bank.

we’re not yet good enough to overlook players of his calibre 

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He had a great start and his 4-4-2 set up will work well against teams that come to play or try and win. It wasn't good against Wolves and wasn't good again today.

We have a flat back 4, Cash rarely ventures forward at all now and too often went backwards with his passes, this is obviously a tactical reason but I don't understand it when we have two DMs on the pitch. We are basically attacking with 3 players, it's not enough, its way too cautious.

I'm convinced Ramsey will be a big player in how we evolve under Emery, I like him coming from a wider position personally and he has decent close control and a goal threat.

Only small positive of today is he got half hour run out so he'll be starting v Leeds and hopefully that will help us be a bit more direct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Give him an absolute blank cheque to sign whoever he wants. **** any input from anyone else. Lange has got basically every signing wrong and the fans have also been wrong in wanting the likes of Buendia and Bailey.

If he wants a 90 year old for £150m just let him **** do it. 

Both are good players...

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Are you suggesting that international footballers should not be able to beat a 4th division team made up of plumbers and office workers?

No.

I'm saying not picking your better players always leaves the risk of not getting good results.

Pick the likes of Martinez, Mings and Kamara and we win this game and can dream of a final and trophy.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

What does that comment even mean? So, because we have 20 odd players, it means we should trust them, regardless of ability? 

Olsen has arguably cost us our place in both cup competitions this year. Why was he picked today? Why do we have two loan players who’ve hardly kicked a ball this season and who are both clearly f*****g shit, playing in a completely new back 4? 

I’ll praise Emery when he wins games and even if we lose some as long as we show some semblance of good play. He fu****d up today thinking he could play a makeshift back 5 and it backfired on him. It means we’re out the cup. 

On to the next game. 

I can agree with you on Olssen, but Dendonker, Ings , Cash and Coutinho should all be capable vs Stevange !!

Easy to have meltdowns at everyone after a result like this.

That team was more than good enough to beat Stevenage.

It's also easy to claim everyone is crap, but note that, some of the same players in that team today, have had brilliants games in the ACTUAL Premier League at some point or another this season.

I tend to agree with most that if anything it's an attitude thing.

Also, sometimes the wrong " blend " plus rustiness can through everything off altogether.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

No.

I'm saying not picking your better players always leaves the risk of not getting good results.

Pick the likes of Martinez, Mings and Kamara and we win this game and can dream of a final and trophy.

You don't dream of winning until you see the fixture list for the quarter finals.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Both are good players...

No they are not. And this is why we can’t improve. Our fans want Europe - Buendia and Bailey are barely mid table players (Bailey wouldn’t even get into this pissing Stevenage side)

3 minutes ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

Does the club realise how emotionally challenging it is trying to convince my 6 year old son that Villa is the club to support! 

Preach. My 6 and 8 year old prefer Minecraft.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We all know Emery is a serious tactiction. We can't praise him when he gets the players to perform a masterclass and then give him no blame when he instructs what he did today. It was very obvious what he wanted us to do and quite frankly, it was a shambles. 

Absolutely no one is hounding him out or some nonsense, just saying it how it is and today Emery and the players all massively flopped. 

It wasn’t a shambles was it, we controlled the game until someone had a brain fart.

What we didn’t do was take chances, that’s what cost us the game 

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I think you might want to reconsider your opinion of Sanson - one of the few to emerge with credit in the bank.

we’re not yet good enough to overlook players of his calibre 

My opinion of him doesn’t matter. He’s not in our first XI, he rarely even comes on as a sub. He’s second string by the very definition of the term

Â