Pre-match thread

GlobalVillan

Another train of realistic thought lads.

Fact is, Olsen is our keeper regardless.

The only way he will get better is with confidence and games.

There is no way he became a number 1 for his country by being absolute " shite ".

Obviously he is no Emi but still.

• Like 3

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Why exactly is Emi not ready? He’s had two weeks enjoying time with his family after winning the World Cup. If he’s not injured, what exactly is stopping him being ready? 

This.

• Like 1

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Why exactly is Emi not ready? He’s had two weeks enjoying time with his family after winning the World Cup. If he’s not injured, what exactly is stopping him being ready? 

I imagine someone will ask Emery in either his pre or post match interview 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Hardly ideal preparation for a big game ! I was 75% sure Emi would not be ready so right call for me.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Emi is going to get panned if we spanked here.

Deservedly so tbh, considering Romero and Lloris both start for Spurs.

I didn’t realise he picked the team. Emery just putting the cones out for him?

4 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

He really should be able to do a job in goal today  , the fact he has been deemed unable is really poor. Especially when outfield players who played in that final are raring to go.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

If Unai had a fully fit and ready Martinez available, he would be starting. Let's not forget that we have a manager who actually understands football. 

He would definitely love Emi to be able to start, but UE has seen him up close and has deemed Olsen to be the better option for the team today.

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that this has been a choice between Olsen and the Martinez we know and love.

Im sorry but even a 50% emi is better than olsen. He cant comannd his box , he panics and makes our defence panic because of this.

Emi at least reassures and has composure.  This is going to be a very long afternoon

• Like 1