Pre-match thread

GlobalVillan

Just now, rodders0223 said:

"It was always the decision to miss both games" paraphrasing.

Not what I would have done with a GK personally especially with Olsen as No.2 but I'm not an elite coach.

Just because you’re not an elite coach, doesn’t mean you can’t be right about team selection. 

It’s Martinez who last played 2 weeks ago, or Olsen. If Martinez is breathing, he should be playing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Imagine when Kane inevitably wins his extra clever penalty and we dont have Emi there psyching him out telling him he’ll devour his grandma and knock the lisp out of him 😭 

e598702f-1121-47ab-8eeb-64e1eb716708_tex

Could sub him on in that case

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

"It was always the decision to miss both games" paraphrasing.

Not what I would have done with a GK personally especially with Olsen as No.2 but I'm not an elite coach.

Why was that always the decision?

Why is Lloris playing then?

This is mind boggling

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Bit worried about Olsen but no reason why we can't win this. 

I'm sure Unai knows what he's doing

Nah, a few arm chair Villa fans know better. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Well United played a left back at centre back. Surely that’s worse than us playing a goalkeeper as a goalkeeper?

Quality of goalkeeper is huge…wouldn’t mind if the drop off wasn’t so bad!  That’s the issue.  I think we all wouldn’t mind as much but that quality difference is scary and certainly could and might be the difference in the game.  I hope that isn’t the case today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

How can Martinez be  50 %?

He is a goalkeeper ffs. He is hardly going to get fatigued.

Mentally fatigued? Maybe, but considering his character I doubt it. Physically? No. 

Goalkeeper is probably the position where it’s most important to be 100% focused and Emi won’t be. The real issue here is that our backup is horrible and we should have registered a new backup keeper today, it’s Jan 1.

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Why was that always the decision?

Why is Lloris playing then?

This is mind boggling

Because he didn't win the WC and never had a week or two of partying. 

Edited by Xela

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just because you’re not an elite coach, doesn’t mean you can’t be right about team selection. 

It’s Martinez who last played 2 weeks ago, or Olsen. If Martinez is breathing, he should be playing.

I agree, we aren’t elite coaches but a lot of us have watched football endlessly for decades and can spot obvious things despite how thick other fans think we are.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

It’s amazing how often people get embarrassed on here!

people are just commenting, nothing embarrassing about that at all

That makes no sense whatsoever. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I havw no idea it seems like a absolute mystery to me. Its even more bizarre that romaro is playing and he has been back as long as emi has.

Perhaps Romero looked after himself a bit better during the celebrations and EMI was dare I say a bit less professional ?

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Get a grip, Emery showing there is no favouritism and picking on form/readiness.  

You lost me on form…,one has just won the World Cup, the other let’s in an average 3 goals a game

Edited by nick76

Emery seems the kind of manager who puts a hell of a lot of focus on training so I can see why just two sessions wouldn't have been enough even for Emi.  The doommonger in me is a little concerned though.  They would have put a hell of a lot of work in in the UAE, hence why Cash is probably also missing out.

Edited by sharkyvilla