Pre-match thread

GlobalVillan

Olsen between the sticks and Ollie as our sole striker. I like Ollie, but we're going to have to create 63 chances today for that lad to even get close to a hattrick today, and with Olsen in goal a hattrick likely won't be enough. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Romaro starts for them why isnt emi for us? He is a keeper as well. This makes no sense to me at all. Why the hell is cash on the bench as well?

Maybe Emi didn’t come back in a condition mentally and physically that Emery deemed good enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Olsen between the sticks and Ollie as our sole striker. I like Ollie, but we're going to have to create 63 chances today for that lad to even get close to a hattrick today, and with Olsen in goal a hattrick likely won't be enough. 

Bailey has been playing up front with Ollie.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Maybe Emi didn’t come back in a condition mentally and physically that Emery deemed good enough. 

Then he should be fined. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Romaro starts for them why isnt emi for us? He is a keeper as well. This makes no sense to me at all. Why the hell is cash on the bench as well?

If Unai had a fully fit and ready Martinez available, he would be starting. Let's not forget that we have a manager who actually understands football. 

He would definitely love Emi to be able to start, but UE has seen him up close and has deemed Olsen to be the better option for the team today.

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that this has been a choice between Olsen and the Martinez we know and love.

• Like 2