Pre-match thread

GlobalVillan

It'll be interesting to see how our system works against a five man back line - we're designed so that the two attacking midfielders drag fullbacks up to the half way line so that the forwards can run into the space behind them, but against five, that's where the fullbacks want to be anyway. 

Just now, MaVilla said:

honestly, do you think Emi 1 wouldnt be playing if he was ready/fit?

I can only assume he isnt actually fit/mentally ready or something, why do we automatically blame Emery for not picking him?, there must be a good reason!?!?

This is on Martinez not Emery. Bloke takes the piss out of this club. Same last season with going off to Argentina.

”Loves the club” my arse.

Just now, Pinebro said:

Emery and Emi apparently had a bad relationship at Arsenal. 

They didn't. How many times does this nonsense myth need to be busted?

Emery gave Martinez starts in the cup games and didn't loan him back out in his 2nd season. 

• Like 3

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Or Romero has a mare cause he’s still hungover as shit

Haha, wishful thinking... that would need to be the new Guiness Book of Records longest hangover ever recorded if he only drank during the first few days/nights back in Argentina. That was like more than a week ago, I think.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

honestly, do you think Emi 1 wouldnt be playing if he was ready/fit?

I can only assume he isnt actually fit/mentally ready or something, why do we automatically blame Emery for not picking him?, there must be a good reason!?!?

Fit enough to be on the bench though. Why not just start him and give ourselves a better chance, especially after a defeat. 

Pissed off tbh. Lets see what Emery’s reasons are but only being back around the place for a few days is a bs reason for why a GK cant start a football game. Olsen is more likely to cost us any chance of a point(s), than gain us any. He has proven to be just not good enough. Throwing him in for a winnable League Cup game was bad enough and should have been the end of the experiment but giving him another go when Emi is available doesnt sit right with me.

9 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I imagine someone will ask Emery in either his pre or post match interview 

I just caught three minutes of 5Live where they were discussing how licking Olsen was a clear sign that Unai had made his decision as to who the number 1 at villa was going forward. They were unanimous that it was because of Emi’s “antics” at the World Cup. Just as they were drawing the conversation to a close, they got an update with a quote from Emery saying it was always the plan not to throw Emi straight back in. :bang:

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Fit enough to be on the bench though. Why not just start him and give ourselves a better chance, especially after a defeat. 

i dunno, ask Emery?

Im just saying that why are we jumping on Emery, when there must clearly be a reason for the decision, maybe we would agree with it?, maybe not?, but there is clearly a reason?

My point is maybe we should ask questions of our players sometimes?

Just now, MaVilla said:

i dunno, ask Emery?

Im just saying that why are we jumping on Emery, when there must clearly be a reason for the decision, maybe we would agree with it?, maybe not?, but there is clearly a reason?

My point is maybe we should ask questions of our players sometimes?

Emery ain't put a dustbin in goal for no reason.

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We’ll need to score 4 today to win because we don’t concede less than 3 when Olsen plays 

Bit dramatic! Wait, it’s factually correct.

3 minutes ago, robby b said:

Haha, wishful thinking... that would need to be the new Guiness Book of Records longest hangover ever recorded if he only drank during the first few days/nights back in Argentina. That was like more than a week ago, I think.

I dunno, I’ve had a few three day hangovers and I’ve never won a World Cup or been treated like a national hero.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

I just caught three minutes of 5Live where they were discussing how licking Olsen was a clear sign that Unai had made his decision as to who the number 1 at villa was going forward. They were unanimous that it was because of Emi’s “antics” at the World Cup. Just as they were drawing the conversation to a close, they got an update with a quote from Emery saying it was always the plan not to throw Emi straight back in. :bang:

Pundits turn everything into a drama, just for something to fill the airtime.Sky started it years ago and its ebbed into everything since. All of them are clueless.  

Edited by The Other Mat