Pre-match thread

GlobalVillan

4 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Do you remember many years ago, we played them on their anniversary, I had my normal 4.1 bet and in those days couldn't cash in. We were 4.1 up at half time and drew 4.4 

I would take a draw today  

I remember spoiling their post '78 World Cup party when they unveiled Ricky Villa and Ardiles.

Think John Gregory scored that day and I'm hoping you put your usual bet on...as we won 4-1 at Shite Hart lane.

• Like 2

On 28/12/2022 at 21:56, VillaChris said:

Normally after Boxing day they'd be another round 2-3 days later but they've just stuck it on the week after instead which is sensible after WC.

Think that round is gone for good by the sounds of it. They’ll probably come for Boxing Day soon enough as well the bastards.

Martinez might as well have stayed if he’s not going to play.

19 hours ago, useless said:

As with Liverpool we will likely lose whoever is in goal. I'm actually less confident about this game than I was about the Liverpool one, need to just get it out of the way and get on with the easier fixtures. Even if we do lose this, six points from Emery's first four league games is still more than I expected.

As with Everton and Leeds, They give Man city and Newcastle a game....stopped them playing.

We make too many excuses.

Spurs have not won 7 out of their 16 games......why can't we make it 8, with the right approach.

If we keep looking for the so called easier fixtures, we will never progress.

We are either good enough, or we are not, we need to make our minds up.

If we are not,we need to get busy, because coaching alone, won't fix all our ills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, picicata said:

Sounds like we are going to have to score at least four if we want to win this one!

Easy!

Isn't that usually the case?

Edited by TRO

Gulp.

I guess the only saving grace is that Spurs don't tend to press the goalkeeper as much, they tend to sit in and only have Kane and Son pressing the back four, so he should at least be able to get the ball to a defender a little easier.