• Bailey (Ramsey 59)
    • Buendía (Ings 59)
    • Mings (Konsa 59)
    • Cash (Young 74)
    • Digne (Augustinsson 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 23:59

Not sure it was the right idea to use a cup game (especially a winnable cup) to check his rotations and evaluate some players. The same back 4 starts and I don't even think it would be a contest.

But I hope he got an eyeful of the back 4 calamity going on. Konsa and Young did well but the less said about Olsen, Augustinsson, Chambers, and McGinn - the better.

7 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

In the game till the olsen and mings shit show.

Yhe formation the tactics were good, you knew he would keep mcginn on a game as luckily he won't start against Brighton.

.can't help Alf Garnett word play, olsen Jesus **** wept, pases straight to them and the 4th heal instead of just walking 3 steps and catching the ball he just stands there, watches the ball go in the net then does some pathetic dive after the ball is in the net.

And mings ? Ffs going from rock solid to limp flaccid cock. 

All at the same time watkins resorts back can't controlling the ball when put clean through.

Disappointed at the score line, and in a few players tonight. 

But Brighton is the big one.

Hopefully olsen and mcginn are no where near our 1st team.

How can anyone pick out Mings after witnessing that abomination of a performance from Chambers tonight?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Mings changed the game when he came on. Him and Chambers were just horrible, ridiculously bad. Olsen obviously too.

Emery is new, so I won't slack him, but many wrong choices today. ManU threw long balls all game, and we just stuck to the high line.  Not brilliant.

Young by far our best player today.

Against teams playing a high line opponents will play long balls. You have to be able to control it, if you can’t then don’t do it, but you don’t abandon the higher line just because the opponent tries to exploit it.

3 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

If you listen to his show, he said he'd come back as reserve keeper for a prem team as be happy to work with the number 1, and also mentioned us. 

I'd be on the phone tomorrow to him if I was emery

Thankfully you are not.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure how some people seem annoyed at Emery.

Absolutely nothing more he probably could have done.

All individual error that.

I'm confused as to how Olsen actually got worse as the game progressed, thought he would have grown into the game.

Not sure what's happened with Mings tonight either.

At one point, it seemed like the game was being managed perfectly.

Oh, and McGinn is looking done.

Well Emery picks the team. 

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Olsen clearly MOTM. Of all the players on the pitch, he had the biggest impact.

Sadly, it was for them.

Exactly.  It's the first time I've ever given MOTM for the negative impact a player has had on a game.  I can't believe what I just witnessed.

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Who had the hard on for Olsen? Lange? 

Wasn’t it Neil Cutler? I have vague memories of a social media post of Neil Cutler going to watch him play for his country whilst he was on loan to us and then we signed him permanently.

He absolutely terrified me anytime the ball went near him, but tbh the defending was absolutely kamikaze second half.

• Like 1

Disappointed Emery seems to have prioritised the league over the cup there. With United being as shit as they were, a lot of PL teams going out,  there was a real chance for us.

Yeah,  we'd probably lose to City in the next round anyway, but this game was there for the taking if he had taken off Chambers and McGinn.

Given that he didn't,  I can only assume he thought they'd be good enough,  and that he wanted to give then chance to prove they deserve to stay. Quite clearly, they don't. 

Ollie scored a great goal, but was largely rubbish outside that, and wasted far more moves and goal scoring opportunities than he put away.

Overall though, it was a decent away performance at Old Trafford, and even with some of the poor players that were left on the pitch we could still have won.

On to the FA Cup I guess.. 

• Like 2

I detest United, always have… losing to them frustrates me enough. Seeing some of those individual displays from us almost sent me over the edge. I don’t think we’re far off, I have every faith in Unai. Tonight was a good opportunity for him to see what trash we have amongst our ranks.

• Like 1

I'd like to think this manager has the nuance about him to see that this squad is not good enough. I also think big daddy Nas thinks the same and has given Unai the keys to the kingdom above Purslow and Lange.

Â