• Bailey (Ramsey 59)
    • Buendía (Ings 59)
    • Mings (Konsa 59)
    • Cash (Young 74)
    • Digne (Augustinsson 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 23:59

Taking Konsa off vs Rashfords pace was catastrophic. 

I mean United's only tactic was to long ball it over the top. 

Can't believe we payed money for Olsen that screams of a Lange purchase so that needs looking at. 

Mcginn did nothing other than press and tackle in an advanced midfield position (according to many on here his natural position) looked zero threat. 

Emery will know he has his work cut out, and this squad is not as deep as it looks. Surely it's time to be looking at replacing the likes of Mings and McGinn, an up and coming keeper would be nice, and a striker. Anyway at least we gave it a go, if you are going to lose at least go down fighting.

Young did well I thought. 

Manager, as much as I love him, gets a poor from me for the keeper choice. He's not good enough for this level. I get giving the second choice a run out if he's a competitive keeper, but it's not a **** charity. Martinez should be in goal in the cups until we get a second keeper that cam push him for the right to play. 

4 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

It's a pity that the goalkeeper's performance and the final scoreline obscure somewhat what a terrific job Emery has done tonight.

He picked him and I have no idea why. 

I hate managers binning trophies to rotate players that don't need rotating.

Olsen has no loyalty to Emery. Emery didn't sign him and promise him cup games.

Why did he play him.

Winnable game.

Winnable cup tbfh 

One extreme to the other in two games. 

Too many team changes. 

Too many sub standard players. 

I was hoping this shit would be done but obviously it's a bit too early. 

Pretty disappointed in Emery tonight to be honest. We could easily have won that game. Too many changes. Olsen, Chambers and McGinn complete liabilities and all finished the game. Would move these three on sooner than later.

I said the same after Chelsea last year but I don’t know why we are always so indifferent about going out of the cups. If we can pull away from relegation, we will have plenty of relatively meaningless games for the rest of the season to rotate players. If we’d won tonight, City and Liverpool were the only two big teams left. Big opportunity gone yet again. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Olsen 0.5/10 - Horrific display

Generally, we did okay, I guess? 

The game plan was kinda sound, but the whole back 5 was bad. Really really bad. 

i take it the 0.5 score is just the minimum for turning out?

if not then it's far too generous

• Haha 1

Who had the hard on for Olsen? Lange? 

I can't fathom we'll ever see Olsen again in a Villa shirt as long as Martinez is healthy. Shocking.

Hopefully Emery now has a better understanding of what our deficits are in personnel.

Should have iced the game at 1-0 but old habits die hard.

Let's hope for at least a point on Sunday and then a productive trip to Dubai.

Emery needed to play the likes of McGinn, Olsen and Augustinson to see who can actually do it in a game. No point playing well in training and not having the chance to actually show how shit you are.

I’m sure the new manager will have learned a lot from tonight’s match.

Bottlejobs galore and big changes need to be made.

• Like 1

What can we take from this game? 

Olsen isn't good enough to be back up.

Kamara is getting stronger and stronger.

McGinn is looking done.

Emery isn't really prioritising cups.

We are mentally weak/ ill disciplined -  concede equalisers after 19 seconds and 5 minutes. Poor, just keep it tight.

Our away fans are the best in the land.

• Like 1

Someone posted a comment on the weekend about where are all the posters about the players. "Have a good look around, I wouldn't bother counting though". Amazing how some get ahead of themselves. This was never going to be an easy fix.

I'm gutted for Ollie, that finished deserved to win the game. 

Players look like they're learning the ropes and in slight spells we looked good. But a rotated side had a good mixture of players out of form and out of confidence and that really showed. 

I feel for Mings, McGinn and Watkins. They were highly rated and loved by the fans at one point but that goodwill has gone on here. I don't want them sold but think the world cup break and maybe even after that a few more weeks out the spotlight whilst the teams gets back to winning ways and gets used to a new style. 

Olsen will get that until we draw a league two side in the FA Cup and then hopefully he'll show himself to not be a competition winner. 

In the game till the olsen and mings shit show.

Yhe formation the tactics were good, you knew he would keep mcginn on a game as luckily he won't start against Brighton.

.can't help Alf Garnett word play, olsen Jesus **** wept, pases straight to them and the 4th heal instead of just walking 3 steps and catching the ball he just stands there, watches the ball go in the net then does some pathetic dive after the ball is in the net.

And mings ? Ffs going from rock solid to limp flaccid cock. 

All at the same time watkins resorts back can't controlling the ball when put clean through.

Disappointed at the score line, and in a few players tonight. 

But Brighton is the big one.

Hopefully olsen and mcginn are no where near our 1st team.

• Like 1

The Honeymoon is Over Mr Emery!

The high line killed us today! Just wouldn't play that against the pace of Rashford and co. Stupid really.

Starting Oslen killed us the most. clearly not comfortable passing out and also decided dip goalkeeping gloves in butter which is not fault of the managers. 

Expect better against Brighton. 

Really well organised first half off the ball, sloppy with the ball but stopped them playing and we were very compact and disciplined.

Some good stuff second half till we lost our heads after the Olsen brain fart, well the brain fart where he just passed the ball to them when he had time to do much better. McGinn gave it away a bit, can't see him starting unless something changes dramatically.

Lost our shape and discipline from 2-2, a few looked knackered so fitness issues. Chambers looked half the player which is a shame. Young great, Kamara quietly awesome.

Unai will have learnt a lot.

Â