Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

Trump has said Twitter has a lot of problems and he doesn’t see any reason to return.

If he sticks to that it’ll be hilariously embarrassing for Musk assuming Trump will come crawling back (which I suspect he will eventually).

Just think, if literally everyone paid VT a subscription instead of relying on advertising we could move to a Utopia where foul and abusive language could be used freely and pictures of scantily clad ladies could proliferate. 

This Shangri-la is within our grasp. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just think, if literally everyone paid VT a subscription instead of relying on advertising we could move to a Utopia where foul and abusive language could be used freely and pictures of scantily clad ladies could proliferate. 

This Shangri-la is within our grasp. 

The site will never be a musktopia. If we didn't need the advertisers, we could set our own rules, but there would not be no rules. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, limpid said:

The site will never be a musktopia. If we didn't need the advertisers, we could set our own rules, but there would not be no rules. 

Yeah, we would have to have some rules, like banning people who voted for Brexit, or who only like musical acts that less than 5% of the general population have heard of. 

40 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I'm not sure a subscription would get you full membership, I suspect only knowing the shibboleths and the funny handshake does that.

It's hard to do handshakes when you've never met. The only shibboleth the mods share is the title under their name. And the keys to the secret mod bunker, obviously.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, limpid said:

It's hard to do handshakes when you've never met. The only shibboleth the mods share is the title under their name. And the keys to the secret mod bunker, obviously.

The rest is quite literally just gravy.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Trump has said Twitter has a lot of problems and he doesn’t see any reason to return.

If he sticks to that it’ll be hilariously embarrassing for Musk assuming Trump will come crawling back (which I suspect he will eventually).

Trump wouldn’t lie to us would he?

Â