Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

Just now, LondonLax said:

He didn’t build it. He yelled at his engineers until they built it. 

True. He still managed to get it done though. Which amazes me because yelling at people usually doesn't result in things working.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

True. He still managed to get it done though. Which amazes me because yelling at people usually doesn't result in things working.

Maybe the early ones that blew up were down to him, then he stepped back and gave them room and they started working properly.

• Haha 1

Soooooo, Elon Musk, the lies about his academic career and thus his resulting lack of visa. Someone did some digging. A loooong thread (69 Tweets) but it is worthy of a read if you have the time.

It's an absolute can of worms if the US government wanted to open it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He didn’t build it. He yelled at his engineers until they built it. 

After getting lucky on some investments, in which he also did none of the work, but just provided funding via his family blood money. Getting in to positions by lying about his credentials.

He's a grifter, whose greatest achievement is convincing people he's an engineer. 

• Like 2

I’m absolutely gobsmacked that with everything he has going on he’s personally running around firing and rehiring people.

Its like he’s playing a video game not realising these are actual real people, not his play things.

• Like 3

$44b down the tubes. It couldn't happen to a bigger clearing in the woods. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla go the same way. 

As for Twitface no doubt a new version will appear that is basically the exact same as the old one and people will migrate. Wouldn't be surprised if Meta is working on something already. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla go the same way. 

A year ago Tesla shares were $385, they are now $185. Lost over 50% in a year. Not all of that is down to Musk and his Twitter purchase but some of it is. I think the money he borrowed to buy Twitter is backed with Tesla share guarantees.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Tesla is also obscenely overvalued and people seem to be realising it.

Agreed but it also has significant dips in share price around the time a) Musk made his original offer for Twitter and b) when he was forced to accept it. Yes Tesla is vastly over-priced but some of the recent losses are also down to the Twitter fiasco

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Hook this shit to my veins.

I wonder how much he asked for as a 1 day contractor rate when Elon was begging him on the phone to come back and sort out access to HQ building!

$10k? $50k? $100k?

Â