Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

1 minute ago, Genie said:

‘cos the regime don’t like hearing the truth. 

He was also blocked from buying Parlor apparently. At least he can still join Trump on Truth Social 🙄

• Haha 1

How much do you reckon Twitter was actually worth?

It seems that of a number of mistakes Musk has made here, number one was his valuation of a loss making platform. 

I saw an analyst who had valued it a $25bn rather than $44bn - if that's the case I'm guessing it's value has fallen since the sale - I wonder how much he's already out of pocket.

I guess he’s out the $44bn he paid, plus the reported $4m a day it was losing (35 days x $4m) = $140m

Then any debt it had when he bought it.

Then I guess revenue is down quite a bit so the $4m a day has probably grown.

About 44.2 billion dollars and climbing for an app that is haemorrhaging money.

At $4m a day it’ll be costing him nearly $1.5bn A YEAR to keep going.

Edited by Genie

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It seems that of a number of mistakes Musk has made here, number one was his valuation of a loss making platform. 

Do you actually think he did due diligence before making his offer?

When he actually started thinking about his offer, he tried to pull out of the deal

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do you actually think he did due diligence before making his offer?

When he actually started thinking about his offer, he tried to pull out of the deal

Yeah, he knew he'd **** up as soon as he tried to back out. 

I bet the owners couldn't believe his offer. 

Takeovers normally come with staged payments depending on the continued financial performance of the company. You can bet your top dollar that they'll claim he's destroyed the profitability of the company through his actions. I reckon some expensive lawyers are going to make a killing on this as it rumbles on. 

He'll go hell for leather at the former owners if it's liquidated within 12 months of the acquisition. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Still pushing the Twitter Files non-story and attacking Wikipedia as a hotbed of left-wing censorship

Bias or no bias, would you really expect Wikipedia to have an entry about what seems to be effectively a self-published article about a conspiracy theory based on evidence that a powerful conspiracy theorist keeps promising to make public but hasn't yet?

• Like 2

Since Musk has taken over Twotter, what appears in our company account timeline is very different. Today its the American Actress and the English Prince. I couldn't give a f***, neither could the company. Now we do follow a few news outlets so you expect it from those sources and its all usually ignorable but its the sheer volume of tweets from sources we don't follow that are now in our timeline makes it pretty useless as a tool

• Like 1

Â