Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

21 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Tesla’s value is due to them being the closest company to realising the dream of a self driving vehicle, and then patenting that technology. 

Every Tesla car on the road continuously video tapes every journey from various angles and metrics and sends that data back to head office to add to the database required to be built up for self driving to work. They are essentially crowdsourcing the knowledge required to have an AI driven car. 

If they manage to crack it and license it to other operators the current stock price will seem like a bargain. 

Most manufactures do this, I know for a fact Mercedes have been doing it before Tesla was even on the road,. So I doubt this is worth much to them. The big boys are starting to get a grip on this electric car lark too! The new Mercedes EQS I've got at the moment would **** all over the latest Tesla, this was not the case a year ago.

Once the BIK ends and road tax comes into effect, I think Tesla will start to struggle and people will go back to regular manufactures, i.e  BMW and Mercedes, this is what is predicted by Mercedes anyway, which is a reason they have tripled there investment.

• Like 1

If you take a look at the history of who was the richest person in the world, it shows that it is volatile, and that the sort of people and industries change a lot over time, and the nationalities also change too. In 1987 the top-ten was dominated by Japanese, now it is dominated by the Americans.

It seems likely that the financial crisis precipitated by the lockdowns, will have some kind of affect on the world's billionaires.

Have no doubt about it the numbers will get bigger, as the value of assets will increase with inflation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World's_Billionaires#1987

It seems unlikely that Musk will continue to make the list for long and I would be amazed if he didn't understand that.

As we know from Marx, the advantages of being the first with technology doesn't last, which is why Arkwright sweated his capital as well as his labour.

"In 2018, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos was ranked at the top for the first time and became the first centibillionaire included in the ranking,[5] surpassing Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who had topped the list 18 of the previous 24 years. In 2022, after topping the list for four years, Bezos was surpassed by Elon Musk.[2]" (quote from above article)

Wal-Mart had their day and dominated the list for a while but it didn't last, as Bezos changed the retail model.

So I am sure Musk is aware of this and messing with Twitter while he still has billions to burn, is just a stop along the way.

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Amazing how many Musk Fanbois don't realise that labour laws in other parts of the world, particularly the EU, are a bit different to the USA

Amazing how many of them think Musk is a legal genius with the best lawyers in the known universe who can simply close the business in Europe and not pay out. The amount of collective delusion is astonishing. They really think he’s a superhero.

• Like 2

I actually think Twitter will come out of all of this in a better place (financially) ultimately. 

Though, Musk is a giant rocket polisher and is going about things in a strange way.

Edited by PieFacE

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I actually think Twitter will come out of all of this in a better place (financially) ultimately. 

Though, Musk is a giant rocket polisher and is going about things in a strange way.

How?

Not only is he scaring off all of his employees, he's doing the same to his advertisers.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not a chance. The little financial value they had he's destroyed. Advertisers wont want to be associated with this mess and the users with big follower bases will already be looking elsewhere.

He's probably right that they were over staffed but he's made a complete balls of cutting costs. 

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

How?

Not only is he scaring off all of his employees, he's doing the same to his advertisers.

Well he's obviously downsizing and trying to push a subscription model rather than an advertisement model. I think a company such as Twitter with its reputation and the product itself could be quite an agile company.

IF (and it's a big If) they can create a subscription service which actually offers value to content creators and users then by reputation alone, I feel it could be quite profitable. 

By pushing this "freedom of speech" narrative they need to cut their dependencies on advertisers dramatically, and the best way to do that is by revenue creation through a valuable subscription model. 

I dunno, I just have a feeling that all this "twitter is dead" talk is way too premature. I think they'll be fine ultimately. Might get a lot of shitter before it gets better tho. 

I think he wants to change it so Twitter becomes the product, rather than the users being product for ads as it was previously. Which sounds kinda healthy to me tbh.

Edited by PieFacE

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

IF (and it's a big If) they can create a subscription service which actually offers value to content creators and users then by reputation alone, I feel it could be quite profitable. 

They are going to have to go some way to beat YouTube for content creators. A platform that doesn’t require a subscription and actually pays a decent fee to content creators

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well he's obviously downsizing and trying to push a subscription model rather than an advertisement model. I think a company such as Twitter with its reputation and the product itself could be quite an agile company.

By pushing this "freedom of speech" narrative they need to cut their dependencies on advertisers dramatically, and the best way to do that is by revenue creation through a valuable subscription model. 

I dunno, I just have a feeling that all this "twitter is dead" talk is way too premature. I think they'll be fine ultimately. Might get a lot of shitter before it gets better tho. 

I think he wants to change it so Twitter becomes the product, rather than the users being product for ads as it was previously. Which sounds kinda healthy to me tbh.

If the internet has taught us one single thing it's that people won't pay for shit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Who are these oddballs that actually pay for it?

The must be millions of sad men paying “models” on only fans for a photo of their snatch. It makes no sense to me at all but lots of women are making lots of money.

• Like 2

Â