Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't imagine how infuriating it is to find out about changes to the product you work on even the owner posts shit publicly

Imagine being a chief at Tesla trying to get things signed off and the boss is too busy playing with his new toy to read his emails.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

All seems to be going well then.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Joke's on these people, he got their $8 ;) 

£8 and got the account suspended. Nice business-model

They've either not thought it through at all, or they have, and don't give a toss, and a quick cashgrab is more important than the integrity of their service. He's burning it to the ground whether he means to or not. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

a quick cashgrab is more important than the integrity of their service. He's burning it to the ground whether he means to or not. 

A cash grab is important when you've just wasted 44 billion. My guess is that the payment for verification was one of the ideas twitter management was bouncing around for years as a method to generate revenue but they never pursued it as it's flawed and their remit wasn't really to generate revenue. Now Musk has taken over any hair brained idea to make money/cut costs will be implemented as Twitter is basically one giant money pit for him and his ego.   

Twitter is an attention based company - he's creating masses of attention and that's good for twitter - the idea that it has some form of integrity or higher purpose is odd - it's there to get your eyes and collect data about what you want. It's a very short term approach as there's surely no way he can keep this up, but he is at least for the moment sort of protecting the share price by making Twitter a loud noise.

Kind of like setting fire to your house at night so people can see how nice the garden looks.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Twitter is an attention based company - he's creating masses of attention and that's good for twitter - the idea that it has some form of integrity or higher purpose is odd - it's there to get your eyes and collect data about what you want. It's a very short term approach as there's surely no way he can keep this up, but he is at least for the moment sort of protecting the share price by making Twitter a loud noise.

Kind of like setting fire to your house at night so people can see how nice the garden looks.

Twitter doesn't have a share price anymore. You'll only find out what its worth when he sells it (or some of it) or it implodes because he won't pay the bills

I'd think a partial sell off of shares is highly unlikely to be succesful with Musk still at the helm so its sell or kill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Twitter doesn't have a share price anymore. You'll only find out what its worth when he sells it (or some of it) or it implodes because he won't pay the bills

I'd think a partial sell off of shares is highly unlikely to be succesful with Musk still at the helm so its sell or kill

Smart money is probably on the second of those.

I really like Twitter, and thought it had actually got a lot better as it started to clamp down on misinformation - precisely the so-called "censorship" that drove Musk to do this.

It's been particularly good for stuff like Ukraine, where if you follow the right accounts you generally get much more up-to-date and reliable coverage than any English-language media outlets.

I don't think there's any 4D chess angle to what Musk is doing. We're just watching hubris play out on a vast scale. It happens.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, choffer said:

Did the same with Tesla when the media stopped being a friendly team of people unquestioningly forwarding on their propaganda.

This is what happens when you never tell your toddler no, and then they become a billionaire.

• Like 1

Â