Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I wonder if Twitter could have gone down the Wikipedia route of asking for donations, maybe getting funding from some big foundations, etc. It sits more in that space IMO than in the ad-fuelled FB / Insta type market.

Too late now, anyway, surely. Musk has ruined it.

Few people make donations to VillaTalk, despite spending hours here every week. I can't see them donating to twitter.

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

And it made billions for its founder before that. It might just be Musk who gets left holding the baby. 

Twitter looks a lot like a drunken purchase which unfortunately for Musk he can’t sent back.

He gave it the biggun offering a crazy price per share and I’m sure he deeply regrets it.

He probably would have been better off paying the $1b penalty for not going through on the purchase.

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

Few people make donations to VillaTalk, despite spending hours here every week. I can't see them donating to twitter.

The level of global importance of Twitter and the wealth & profile of the people who use it is a bit different from VT, surely? Unless Prince William lurks here 

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

Can I make it absolutely clear here and now that I am not paying any additional fees to verify that I am the genuine Sidcow. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The level of global importance of Twitter and the wealth & profile of the people who use it is a bit different from VT, surely? Unless Prince William lurks here 

puppet-awkward.gif

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

This story is even better when you know the back story. 
Musk complained that the app was slow on android, one of twitters devs replied it was because of the technical debt and that they had plans to deal with it by thinning out some of the bloatware. He got in a bit of a tit-for-tat conversation with Musk. Musk fires him and then tweets the tweet above about removing bloatware. 
Twitter deserves to die but even when it does, Musk won’t acknowledge he’s done anything wrong. 

Edited by choffer
Link added
  • Like 1

Imagine the owner of a software company being stupid enough to think 80% of their API architecture just sits around doing nothing for no reason.

The TL;DR of this exchange is:

New owner: My new employees are making this absolutely rookie mistake, everyone publicly mock them for being so stupid

Employee: That isn't actually correct

Owner: You're fired

One day I'll see Musk in the deadpool thread, and it'll be a pretty good day.

• Like 3

Musk is one of those guys who believes that if you are enough of a demanding, unrealistic, obnoxious word removed, the impossible will happen, and all the lazy kids will suddenly spring into action and make shit happen. It’s a terrible way of achieving anything, but sadly way too many people believe it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

We recently got rid of an engineering director like that. Scream, bangs the table, eventually gets people to nod that they can meet his demands which they can only do by bodging things.

I think you will find several studies showing that many senior managers/directors (mainly men) whom exhibit psychopathic tendancies. These people are more common than you think. I have also worked for a few and it's not a good place to be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I think you will find several studies showing that many senior managers/directors (mainly men) whom exhibit psychopathic tendancies. These people are more common than you think. I have also worked for a few and it's not a good place to be.

We got a new CEO and he seemed to pick up on how unhealthy it was very quickly and showed him the door.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

We got a new CEO and he seemed to pick up on how unhealthy it was very quickly and showed him the door.

Yeah, I worked at a company where a crazy new CTO came in and instantly caused chaos. Everyone started to leave, they products all went downhill and the company eventually got swallowed up by a merger. It was not a good time.

Â