Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Twitter is your own echo chamber, its the same for left andf right alike. Both sides deliberately filter out all the sensible moderating influences and jsut follow people on their side and butt heads with the people on the extreme of the other side.

There is no difference for left and right

But that doesn't explain why the right are laughing their tits off about Musk's cull, while the left are having a shit-fit.

24 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

But that doesn't explain why the right are laughing their tits off about Musk's cull, while the left are having a shit-fit.

It’s the other way around isn’t it? The left are laughing their asses off at the hash Musk is making of Twitter right now. 

I know I’ve got the popcorn in. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

1. Musk is part of "the right"

2. The left aren't really having a shit fit, most of them really are laughing like drains at the stupidity of what Musk has done and is going to do. The left loves a right winger losing billions of dollars

3. It really isn't just "the left" talking about Musk / Twitter in a bad way, see Lou Paskalis tweets above. He's no lefty, he was someone Musk was talking to to help solve the advertising problem up until he called out Musk for talking bollocks

You appear to have a really bad take on the situation

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

MySpace has been patiently watching and waiting in the shadows for its moment to shine again.

Who on earth is still using MySpace? 

I thought it was the Betamax of the Social Media world.  Maybe Villatalk should make a bid for it? 

I've posted the account a few times before but the numpties who reply thinking its serious are just the best form of entertainment twitter has. Check the replies to the second tweet, the numbskull doubles down.

Note how how he doesn't even attempt to correct the bit about the mustangs and the B52, which are clearly a Hurricane, a Lancaster and a Spitfire

From his profile he's also a Brexiteer :D

This is what Twitter is for

12 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The clown car seems to have caught on fire 🤔

I do agree with him to a degree. Activists are controlling companies via threats. Cancel culture, extreme wokeness has gone too far. It's a "control the narrative" world now. Accusations are all that matter not facts or context.

There is no solving it though. It'll just breed more extremism on the right and that side will vote for nutjobs and are more prone to violence in response. It's just an escalation feedback loop. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I do agree with him to a degree. Activists are controlling companies via threats. Cancel culture, extreme wokeness has gone too far. It's a "control the narrative" world now. Accusations are all that matter not facts or context.

There is no solving it though. It'll just breed more extremism on the right and that side will vote for nutjobs and are more prone to violence in response. It's just an escalation feedback loop. 

What do you define as extreme wokeness?

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

'Activists' are not the issue. 'Actavists' make threats to boycott companies from both sides of the political spectrum.

Musks handling of this takeover is the issue. No respectable business wants to have their brand attached to a dumpster fire. 

Â